• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Don't Litter and Don't Ride in Closed Areas!!

T
Dec 8, 2012
Frisby was the first mountain riding I experienced, beautiful country! I remember taking out other people's garbage. It makes me mad how much some people can disrespect! We also saw tracks going out of bounds, it's not like you can miss the signs in most cases.
We also did see a baby caribou and stopped to watch it until it got too curious and kept coming closer. We decided it was time to leave before his Mama came to find him, I bet she wouldn't have been so small or so curious! LOL

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
So... kinda like "gun control"... curious how many riders would "sell the sleds" and quit the sport when "off trail" riding is banned/wilderness designated in your area? (because that what "interest groups" and politicians with agendas are doing) 50%? 75%? more?...less? And YES, it WILL come to that..... what will "YOU" do?

and YES!... carry out your TRASH! ALWAYS!

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Did anyone else notice in the video something jumping around to left rear of the cabin at :45 seconds.... Rabbit maybe? LOL

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Mixed feelings about this. The garbage thing is a no brainer but the wilderness thing just pizzes me off. We do zero damage, zero impact riding on snow in those areas. Generally speaking the gov't and gov't types can kiss my azz. We pay for those areas and as Americans and Canadians that land is really ours. I don't want to get other areas closed or sleds to get a bad name but I REALLY have a hard time not riding where ever I can get too. Sorry if this offends someone, especially you Dave. I respect you a lot, love the videos and info you post and feel you are a huge asset for Ski Doo.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Mixed feelings about this. The garbage thing is a no brainer but the wilderness thing just pizzes me off. We do zero damage, zero impact riding on snow in those areas. Generally speaking the gov't and gov't types can kiss my azz. We pay for those areas and as Americans and Canadians that land is really ours. I don't want to get other areas closed or sleds to get a bad name but I REALLY have a hard time not riding where ever I can get too. Sorry if this offends someone, especially you Dave. I respect you a lot, love the videos and info you post and feel you are a huge asset for Ski Doo.

Thanks for the honest answer Matte! I am sure there are many who feel the same. In fact Roy says he does not agree with the closures and often in Revy they close it to sleds and then say it is open to skiing and he says if they allow another user , then it is open to anyone...

The main issue is that there are closures and if we go against them, then it does not help us to keep areas or open new ones. We just have to remember when we feel like we can do anything we want, that there are so many volunteers and people like Ron who are fighting for us and dealing with the stuff we don't want to deal with, so the least we can do is manage ourselves as well as get involved.

Thanks for the kind comments, and happy riding to you mister!!! dave

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Dumba s ses that drop beer cans, leave blown belts and cross over into protected areas should be gang beat. There is no tolerance for this ignorance!!!!!

C
Nov 29, 2008
A$$holes litter. Most of the ones who leave cans, cig packages, etc. behind are the same dicks who would have an ape$hit if some dropped a piece of gum on their lawn or driveway!

Had an uncle who was a litterbug ... the fix ... after getting tired of asking him not to throw trash in the water I figured that the best response was to fight fire with fire ... after I watched him drop a bag of crap over the dock I picked it all up and then promptly brought it all back and dumped it out inside of his car ...
he had a spurt flipping out - said he was going to call the police so I said to go ahead and he might as well call Dept. of Environment as well ... enough said ... he never threw trash in the water again!

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
We pay for those areas and as Americans and Canadians that land is really ours. I don't want to get other areas closed or sleds to get a bad name but I REALLY have a hard time not riding where ever I can get too.

I pay for the highways I drive on just like everyone else. Does that mean I should not respect the rules of which lane to drive in? Would driving in what ever lane I choose not affect other people???
Just thinking out loud.

D
Nov 1, 2011
I pay for the highways I drive on just like everyone else. Does that mean I should not respect the rules of which lane to drive in? Would driving in what ever lane I choose not affect other people???
Just thinking out loud.

You can drive in the other lane, you just have to be going the opposite direction lol

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
I love your feeling Matte, but we have to respect the no-brain boundries in some of these @'s:face-icon-small-coo,,,it's just getting tougher with age:focus::present:

M
Oct 10, 2012
North Dakota
Hi Have been to many of the areas in BC on a sled. Its so big up there why is it that they always want to ride out of boundrys? I mean the are east of Cooke city is 6x6 miles. Pretty easy to get out of bounds there. There is Frisby Ridge,Boulder Sale mountain, Mount Hall, they all have there strnegths and weakness"s but are all great places to ride. Abuse it and lose it....... Se you in February MArk from North Dakota...

Premium Features