• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has got a deal on Tucker Sno Cat tracks?

M
Looking to buy new rubber tracks but Tucker wants 5k or 6k each. That's about $22,000.00. Then another $10,000.00 to upgrade the idlers for more support. If your not involved in grooming, I hope this makes you appreciate the people that are. Anyway, is there any other supplier for these tracks?

noxis

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2009
tracks

try calling around to some ag tire dealers they should be able to help or atleast point you in the right direction. OK TIRE i belive was here this fall and they had all kinds of track stuff

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Looking to buy new rubber tracks but Tucker wants 5k or 6k each. That's about $22,000.00. Then another $10,000.00 to upgrade the idlers for more support. If your not involved in grooming, I hope this makes you appreciate the people that are. Anyway, is there any other supplier for these tracks?

Your not going to find new tracks for less than that. Are you converting from steel track to Terra? Have you tried Track Inc.? they may have some nice used tracks available.

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Camoplast has a monopoly on tucker tracks right now and as far as I know, Tucker and their dealerships are the only ones who can get the tracks. I could be wrong, but. . .

M
Camoplast has a monopoly on tucker tracks right now and as far as I know, Tucker and their dealerships are the only ones who can get the tracks. I could be wrong, but. . .
Yes I think your right. I was told today that Tucker owns the molds and all rights to terra tracks. I was also told that they have a prototype track that is a copy of Han Halls Fishbone track, as a future option to the terra track. But jeez, one terra track should not be the price of 15 snowmobile tracks.

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Well, when there are tens of thousands of sled tracks being made at once but only a few hundred tucker tracks. . .

Thats what I was told by a camoplast guy about the durability of the terra tracks, they don't produce enough of them to bother to do the R and D that is required of their snowmobile tracks.

Tucker could also spend some more time on testing their sprocket materials against the tracks to help increase longevity there.

These cats are quite heavy and getting heavier and its kind of amazing that these terra tracks work as well as they do.

I'm on the fence about the different track options, but have you seen the rubber grouser bars for the steel track cats?

Premium Features