• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's Who....

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Hi!
I'm Trish From BC. My name is Sleddingmom on most sites, as I have 4 biological kids, and 3 step kids and I love sledding. I've seen clips of some of you ladies ride, and then heard stories from others, and I must say I really admire your skill and dedication to the sport. Pretty darn awesome! I'm not the best rider in the world, but I can hold my own, and always look to improve my skill, and experience new places. My 2 older kids as well as my adult step kids are riding their own machines now so this season should be stellar. I have an 08 m8. We try to get out as much as possible as we can ride right from the house. I've met some pretty cool peeps this past year and I really look forward to riding with them.
Momma ..... out!

S

snobunny21

Oct 18, 2008
Freedom,ID
www.lccwy.com
Hello all...Powder Room is such a nice addtion to the updated forums...

Anyways my name is Kala and I am 23 (almost 24). I have been riding most of my life in some the most beautiful country. I ride right from our shop so there is no need to trailer, in my opinion. Have some great riding in my back yard in Alpine, WYO. Used to work at our family owned business TJ's Sports(Yamaha and KTM dealer), but we sold that a few years ago and have now opened Lincoln County Customs (customs mods, repairs, and service). We are going into our second year of business this season and its going great, cant compain that the snow is already falling here. No kids(unless you count a 4-legged yorkie) and have and amazing boyfriend(WEEKS327 on the forums)

S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
Hello Hello!
Thank you GP for showing me the light to the Powder Room! :D What a great spot eh!
Well my name is Jackie-Jack, Jax, etc, etc...I've heard them all! I grew up in the up Nort' state of Minnesota, I've got a rich accent goin on. I'm a big moto-geek, I think I've been smelling sled exhaust since the womb..but started riding when I was about 11ish? Not too sure. Have riding a lot around here in the midwest, was heavy into the racing scene--but that has gotten old. I've always been interested in riding out west, but have never gotten the chance..I'm hoping this year it'll happen! :D I'm in my senior year of school, going for my BFA in Graphic Design and hoping to land a job out west somewhere! Otherwise I'm living the single life, and doing my thing..which includes practically anything outdoors! :) Ahhh..I'm so excited for winter!! I CANNOT WAAAAIT!!! :D

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
Alpine eh??? I'm about 40 minutes from you over in Soda Springs, Idaho!!! Small world!!! I'd love to hit it over in your neck of the woods!!!!! Beautiful!!!:D

Hello all...Powder Room is such a nice addtion to the updated forums...

Anyways my name is Kala and I am 23 (almost 24). I have been riding most of my life in some the most beautiful country. I ride right from our shop so there is no need to trailer, in my opinion. Have some great riding in my back yard in Alpine, WYO. Used to work at our family owned business TJ's Sports(Yamaha and KTM dealer), but we sold that a few years ago and have now opened Lincoln County Customs (customs mods, repairs, and service). We are going into our second year of business this season and its going great, cant compain that the snow is already falling here. No kids(unless you count a 4-legged yorkie) and have and amazing boyfriend(WEEKS327 on the forums)

J
Feb 18, 2009
Davenport,IA
Hello, My name is Lindsay from Davenport, IA.Im 24 almost 25. Im pretty new to sleding my husband bought a pair of Trail RMK's last year and we took our first trip to Wyoming in February. We have 2 boys 4 and 3 and are expecting our first daughter the first part of February. No sleding for me this year :( I look foward to getting to know you all and see your videos and pics this year from the side line.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Hello, My name is Lindsay from Davenport, IA.Im 24 almost 25. Im pretty new to sleding my husband bought a pair of Trail RMK's last year and we took our first trip to Wyoming in February. We have 2 boys 4 and 3 and are expecting our first daughter the first part of February. No sleding for me this year :( I look foward to getting to know you all and see your videos and pics this year from the side line.

Congrats on the new baby coming !!!:present:

I love babys......:rose:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska

Congratulations on your little girl on the way :D

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
Hi everyone,

My name's Vanessa and I live in Washington. Just got into riding this year, and got myself an '07 Dragon and a little more recently, a Wolverine quad. Have fun on both, but definitely need much, much, much more practice on the Dragon. My husband and I will be at the snow show next weekend--my first, so I'm really excited about that.

Look forward to chatting with all of you, and getting some tips and advice from other women riders! :)

B

BackCountryBabe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 10, 2009
Island Park, Idaho
www.hasended.com
Hi Power Room Gals

I am a newbie and need lots of help when it comes to snowmobiling - And from the looks of your blogs you have lots of great information to share.

I've only been on a sled twice so far. Both times visiting friends in Island Park. Rented an RMK Dragon 155, 2 years ago and SkiDoo XP 161 & 151 last year. I was totally hooked - Just last week we picked up a used 2006 800 SkiDo Summit for me. :face-icon-small-hap My very first sled. I'm soo stōkt - It was time I got myself signed up on a forum. So here I am. "Hi"

I have 2 best friends. A baby Rottweiler puppy. Her name is Shyla - she is 5 months and all ready 55 lbs. And Russ aka cetanefreek : A professional diesel mechanic, dragstrip racer and a Dodge Diesel Dually Power Junkie.

I work a 9to5 job, but would rather be retired then work another day in my life. Besides hiking with Shyla - I love my morning jogs, core fitness training, rollerblading, mtn biking, road cycling, snowboarding, riding my dirtbikes on the track in our back yard and taking my Suzuki 650 to work - if its fast I'm on it. If I get to get dirty even better.

Anyways, thank you in advance for all your great advise and funny remarks. They've cracked me up all ready

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
my name is Bernadine (aka Bernie) and I'm a sno-aholic:p - love the steep & deep fluff - but we have just this summer moved from Sumner WA to Minnesota so gonna have to learn how to ride the ... ditches (just doesn't have the same appeal as the steep & deep):face-icon-small-con

I'm not even 50 years old yet and have been riding for 41 years now... We have lived mostly in the NW with riding all over Oregon & Washington we ride about 1500 miles a year - the best area to ride is Sumpter Oregon - just outside of Baker Oregon - actually the Eagle Cap area from there is awsome too - you can take two weeks vacation and never cover the same trails twice! (one note about the Eagle Cap area - elevations above tree line hit 10,000' level and if you're not use to it, the lack of O2 to your lungs will kick your butt)

I've been married to my soul mate for 31 years, we have two adult boys and two beautiful granddaughters. We have both been presidents and board members of snowmobile clubs - I believe you need to support your sport and your local and state clubs to keep the parking lots and trails open.

We boat and play in the dirt in the summer with quads & dual sport bikes, and I live for winter, my husband has supported my addiction since we met, but his fun comes with the boat. We love to camp year round and just went from our Arctic fox camper to a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler with room for others to stay & have fun too. I love to hang out by the camp fire till dawn and tell stories. We are rarely home on weekends - maybe 3 or 4 weekends a year is all we are free and wander around looking at each other asking - what do you wanna GO do!

I've posted in the MN forum about what to expect when it comes to riding in MN - looks like the best riding will be up near Lake Superior - can't wait for the new experiences here - I'll hold judgement till I can hit the snow (which we woke up to 1 1/2" of SNOW at our house yesterday!!!):D - OH and in MN they don't allow studded tires or chains - that is a first for me.

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
I am a newbie and need lots of help when it comes to snowmobiling - And from the looks of your blogs you have lots of great information to share.

I've only been on a sled twice so far. Both times visiting friends in Island Park. Rented an RMK Dragon 155, 2 years ago and SkiDoo XP 161 & 151 last year. I was totally hooked - Just last week we picked up a used 2006 800 SkiDo Summit for me. :face-icon-small-hap My very first sled. I'm soo stōkt - It was time I got myself signed up on a forum. So here I am. "Hi"

Hey there - Been riding for over 40 years and I have helped alot of fellow women get into the sport so they have fun and the first thing I tell the ladies is your A$$ is your best asset on a sled
- MOVE IT on the sled
- In corners - MOVE IT to the inside of the corner
- Going up hill - STAND UP and MOVE IT over the handle bars
- Going down hill - MOVE IT to the back of the seat

When going down the straight roads - stand up, get use to moving your feet to one or the other running board, FEEL what it does to the sled - this way when you go to break off trail, you're comfortable with putting 2 feet on one running board and HANG YOUR A$$ way out in the air to feel how you can pull the sled on to one ski with your A$$.

The reason I tell you this is the guy's strength comes in their shoulders and arms, they ride different, women can go all the same places, we just do it different.

And LADIES - all of you - if its just you and your partner riding out there - PAY ATTENTION to where you are, where you have been, because if an accident happens - it could be YOU who has to ride out for help!

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
Thanks, 2PolarisRiders--this is really helpful advice for those of us who are less experienced. Last winter I was mostly comfortable sitting, however, after four wheeling this summer I think standing is definitely the way to go--more control.

I like your suggestion of getting used to moving around on the sled while on trails, etc. A lot better to get a sense of what that does and when it's useful before you actually need to do it!

S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
my name is Bernadine (aka Bernie) and I'm a sno-aholic:p - love the steep & deep fluff - but we have just this summer moved from Sumner WA to Minnesota so gonna have to learn how to ride the ... ditches (just doesn't have the same appeal as the steep & deep):face-icon-small-con

I'm not even 50 years old yet and have been riding for 41 years now... We have lived mostly in the NW with riding all over Oregon & Washington we ride about 1500 miles a year - the best area to ride is Sumpter Oregon - just outside of Baker Oregon - actually the Eagle Cap area from there is awsome too - you can take two weeks vacation and never cover the same trails twice! (one note about the Eagle Cap area - elevations above tree line hit 10,000' level and if you're not use to it, the lack of O2 to your lungs will kick your butt)

I've been married to my soul mate for 31 years, we have two adult boys and two beautiful granddaughters. We have both been presidents and board members of snowmobile clubs - I believe you need to support your sport and your local and state clubs to keep the parking lots and trails open.

We boat and play in the dirt in the summer with quads & dual sport bikes, and I live for winter, my husband has supported my addiction since we met, but his fun comes with the boat. We love to camp year round and just went from our Arctic fox camper to a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler with room for others to stay & have fun too. I love to hang out by the camp fire till dawn and tell stories. We are rarely home on weekends - maybe 3 or 4 weekends a year is all we are free and wander around looking at each other asking - what do you wanna GO do!

I've posted in the MN forum about what to expect when it comes to riding in MN - looks like the best riding will be up near Lake Superior - can't wait for the new experiences here - I'll hold judgement till I can hit the snow (which we woke up to 1 1/2" of SNOW at our house yesterday!!!):D - OH and in MN they don't allow studded tires or chains - that is a first for me.

from WA to MN....whats wrong with you?? ;) Kidding...:D Yeah the best riding you are gonna get around in MN is up in Northern MN...also MI isn't a bad place to ride either! But you can't really compare..;)

Hi everyone,
My name is Marci and this will be my 5th year of riding. My hubby (boyfriend at the time) introduced me to the sport. The first time I went out riding I was so miserable, I swore I would never ride again. Amazing what good gear and an understanding boyfriend will do for a girl's outlook! Now I can't even imagine not riding again!

My husband and I race in the RMSHA hillclimb circuit. Last year was our first year of racing and I am beyond addicted. It is such a blast and we have met tons of super nice folks. When we aren't racing, we usually ride in the Snowy Range or up on Togwotee. Still hoping for a trip up to BC, but with the race schedule, we don't get as much free ride time as we used to. Maybe if the schedule works out this year I can join on the Ladies ride. I have been following it for about 2 years now and it looks like a blast!!

My sled is an '09 Polaris Assault with an SLP pipe and can. I think the riding experience I am most proud of would have to be racing at the World Championship hillclimb in Jackson.

Cheers!!:beer;

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Hello......I am Sandy Ott, and I live in Columbia Falls, Montana. I love most things to do with the outdoors. Winter is sled time, and it is a huge passion of mine. I've lived here all my life, and up until 2004, I never really did any true mountain riding. When I was little, my Dad would take me on the back of his sled. My first marriage.....well that guy didn't have any kind of patience, and so I basically stayed on trail while he'd head up some hills and leave me sit there. :face-icon-small-dis

When I remarried to Glenn in 1999, we both just had our old sleds, and not much money with raising my two teen sons.......so we didn't ride much. Go for a ride, have a sled break down, wait to save up to fix it. In 2003 I got a new AC 1M 600 Mtn Cat.. I didn't get out to ride until 2004 due to a back injury. That's when my journey began in the mountains. :) The only real change to that sled is lots of bling, and putting a Challenger 153x2.25 under it (HUGE difference). I am sooooooo ready to move up, but watching the finances while we do the summer gig that pays about nil (make as much all summer as I did in one month at a *real* job). I just have to ride harder, but I am looking forward to getting a new kitty.

I am the mother of two sons, the oldest is 29 and is a computer programmer. The youngest is 28 and runs his own automotive shop. I am very proud of my *boys*. Thankfully they both live around here.

I have 2 beautiful Golden Retrievers. Cassidy Gail will be 2 on Dec. 7, and currently weighs in at 70 lbs (she is extremely lean and agile). Her brother (from the same parents, 12 1/2 months apart) is Drake Oliver, and 9 months and 95 pounds. He was putting on 14 pounds a month, now it's averaging 10. :eek: They are field goldens, so they are very red. They are so dark I get asked quite often if they are Irish Setters.

For the past 4 summers, I have camphosted up the North Fork at an area that sits right on the river. The middle of the river is the border with Glacier National Park. It is a very busy place with having a boat launch as well (I deal with thousands of people over the course of my stay). It's along the North Fork of the Flathead River, so it's the Wild and Scenic River System. Great floating, and some of the best fly fishing anywhere. :D There is no power, no internet, water is a hand pump, and I get limited cell service since I bought an external antenna system to hook up to my phone (it still only works in a few areas). :face-icon-small-sho It is absolutely gorgeous up there though, and a different kind of pace in life. I'm getting to make a difference in the place for many years to come. The Forest Service and Fish, Wildlife & Parks actually work with me on many things, and that relationship that has been built comes into play on other things besides the campground and river.

I love floating the river in my inflatable pontoon boat....some floats to fish, some for the whitewater, and some a combo of both. Shooting, cutting firewood, riding our AC 650 4x4 4wheeler (usually with my 2 dogs on back), camping, tying flies (and tying my own design in hot pink that works extremely well), and of course sledding are just some of the things I like doing. I'm also active in our local snowmobile club, and am on the Board of Directors for our local avy center.

Premium Features