• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's Who....

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
My name is Karen, and I am a sled-aholic....

LOL!

I'm Karen Dix-Colony, and I've lived in Marysville, WA for almost 19 years (grew up in California). I started riding about 10 years ago, and rode trails for prolly 4 years! Then discovered what I've been missing, and now I love boondocking and hill climbing and jumping ....

I have 4 kids (Jennifer, 25 - married to Mike, Christopher - 23, Andrew, 22 and Samantha 18). Married to Steve-o, we'll celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this Thanksgiving.

we travel A LOT every winter to ride different areas and meet some of the coolest peeps.... but we relish our "baker sick days" every spring....

in the summer we play on our boat, skiing in the local lakes or crabbing out in the sound... I love to quad but have yet taken the plunge.... just can't help but wonder about the quandry on the weekends when we get up... "should we take the boat out or the quads?"

all-in-all, a good life, made even better by the friends we have!

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Hi. My name is Jeanette. Now with this forum, the Ladiesride and Thumpertalk, I'm known as GP a lot. :)

I love to ride my sled, my dirt bike, wakeboard, surfboard, and hike. No particular order. Also been known as a yard addict. I just love being outside as much as possible. I have one sexy, fun, supportive, patient hub, and 3 wonderful kids. We play together as much as we can. Every weekend we take off and go to our mountain home. We are very blessed with wonderful scenery right out the back door and we take it all in as much as we can.

I can't wait to meet more ladies that enjoy the same interest as me. This is going to be a fun addition to SW.

Last edited:
S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
Hello

My name is Rhonda. Live in Rock Springs, WY. Started riding about 5 years ago. I'm always nervous wreck worrying about my husband and 16 yr old son (metallic(a)sled). But last year I started to try new things and have a little more fun. I also got a 2008 700 Dragon, which seems to be easier to learn things on, for me. My son has an '05 M7 but we just bought a "backup" sled, 07 700 Dragon. If my son is "next to perfect" (LOL) he'll probably get to ride it most often. My husband rides an 09 800 Dragon.
My son is getting to be quite a rider! It's been cool watching him learn and get so darn good over the past fews. He's the youngest of our combined 6 kids so he's he only one left at home. He is obsessed with snowmobiling, I mean seriously.
We often ride with our club, and I'm the secretary. My sister in Oregon really got us into the sport. We started out the first year on '79 Arctic Cat's. That didn't last long. ha ha Kept upgrading and here we are. Spending all our money on sledding...;)
In the summer we camp alot, 4 wheel and boat/fish. It's really hard to divide our very short summers into 4 wheeling or boating. Just aren't enough weekends.
Look forward to "meeting" everyone. I recently joined LR too.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Hi Rhonda. I have seen you on the Ladiesride. You're close to me. I forgot to mention I'm next door to Salt Lake City, Utah. I live in the highest part of Draper. (meaning elevation);) We ride in the Northern Uinta mountains 30 minutes from Evanston Wy. at our weekend getaway. :):):)

S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
Hi! We go to SLC every few months. We usually ride around Pinedale, Big Piney, once a yr usually Montpelier, ID and other places around WY. However, we've never riden the Uinta's outside of Evanston. We have ridden the Uinta's on the Mt. View, WY side, but briefly. We'd like to check out the Evanston side sometime. Just not sure where to go etc.
We rode once last year with my (other) sister who lives in Roy, UT. It was close to her and started with an M (Monte?) I think?

Hi Rhonda. I have seen you on the Ladiesride. You're close to me. I forgot to mention I'm next door to Salt Lake City, Utah. I live in the highest part of Draper. (meaning elevation);) We ride in the Northern Uinta mountains 30 minutes from Evanston Wy. at our weekend getaway. :):):)

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Well I'm on here lurking quite a bit and posting some so I'll introduce myself.
My name's Lisa, I'm 25 and live south of Bellevue, ID. I'm very lucky to live where we do. We can ride from our house most of the winter and have amazing country to ride out the back door. We also ride a lot in the Stanley basin. I ride with all men, don't know any local women that aren't trail riders. I don't mind and neither do they so it works great. I have an amazing boyfriend that bought me my first sled for Christmas a few years ago. I rode sleds growing up but never really got into it as much or learned to really ride until then. We're fanatics about sledding, and sometimes ride as much as 5 days a week.

We have a logging business so are lucky enough to ride that much, or work half a day and ride half a day. I grew up ranching and training ranch horses, rope horses, and a couple years with cutting horses. I also grew up farming and running the hay rake, cats, tractors, etc. I run the log skidder for our business now and enjoy it a lot. I also do equine sports massage on the side and am hoping to expand that a bit next year. I enjoy Harleys and dirt bikes, though can't afford any at the time. We spend the summer working and don't play that much, but make up for it in the winter!

Last year I realized how much fun jumping and cornice drops are. So I'm hoping to get much bigger with that this winter. I'm also very determined to learn whips. My boyfriend is great at jumping so I need to catch up in that department. I also do most of my own mechanic work, be it truck or sled. I haven't gotten into clutching yet but do most of the other work. I don't like having something if I don't know how it works and how to fix it.
And we ride skidoos (after owning a Polaris 900-what I rode before getting my sled- skidoos are a breeze to ride).

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
Hi

Hey, I'm know as "T" to most in Utah, even answer to "Yo Colorado" on occasion. ;) I live in Layton and have 2 wonderful kids. I moved to Utah 3 years ago. Sledding is my passion and if I could ride year around I would. Since I can't, I spend a lot of the off season taking pictures, hiking and doing yard work. Thanks for GP, her Hubby SH and 1MexonM7 I spent a lot of time riding over in the Northern Uinta Mountains last year and had a blast. I have also rode Monte, Lake Creek and Fairview.

I can't wait for the riding season to begin........Bring on the Snow!!!

T

Hey Karen, thanks for starting this thread. :face-icon-small-hap

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Hi all,
My name is: RON(not female), mostly known as SH

Married to the most amazing woman in the world, Mrs. GP

Ut is packed with SW Lady riders and I've ridden with all 3 of them.:face-icon-small-hap

Hope this new Powder Room will spark some interest from other Lady Riders to Join or Start posting. My wife is so stoked to see the Ladies represent on SW.

C4Fun knows how we roll. All are welcome. We have nothing less than a BLAST....:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
My name is Carol, I live in Northern MN. My husband got me into sledding about 5 years ago. We go out West every Christmas. I am also on Ladies ride. Glad to see they started a ladies area on SW. I have also been a lurker, not really wanting to add my two cents. Currently building an 09 IQR with a Carl's 685, EZryde, Zbros front end, and some other little bells and whistles.
I was taken to the mountains my first day of riding, so I don't feel very strong yet, but getting better all the time.
We are heading to Cooke City over Christmas this year-- should be exciting!:eek:

The best highlight of riding so far was Christmas Eve 2007 when Ean(Angermangement890) proposed in Togwotee. We got married last October. I am a music teacher for an awesome elementary school, received my Master's degree in Special Education. I love sleds because it gives me another way to connect with my students. When kids see pictures of my riding or racing, they see me not only as a teacher, but also someone that has a life outside of school. I even had a student come out to watch me race at hill climbs last spring.:)

I hope to meet others here on SW.

Last edited:
W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
My name is Stacey, and I too am a sled a-holic........

I live in Tri Cities Washington, a place that doesn't get snow.....go figure! I've been snowmobiling since 95. I've been a snowester since 2001. I'm also on the ladies forum as well, and have been since it got started.

My right hand man, "Jeeper" and I spend the majority of our time riding from our cabin in the mountains. It's our weekend escape from this desert we live in, and spend every minute we can up there.

Together we have three kids, kind of like the Brady bunch but without the girls..his 20 year old son, my 16 year old son and my 8 year old son. So even in the real world I am outnumbered by guys! :p

Aside from snowmobiling, I'm into Jeeps, Jetski's, motorcycles, boating...just learned to wake board.....and anything that gets me out doors.

I'm currently a bean counter, and have been for a long time...just graduated college and am in the process of becoming a web designer.

My favorite kind of riding is boondocking...I love carving, I just learned last year! I try to overcome a new challenge each year and try to become a better rider.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
Hello from BC, Canada!
I'm Tamara, and also a sled-a-holic. Self-employed business owner, no kids. Lots of time to play. Love dogs, gardening and artistic endeavors.

Into mountain riding only, put around 3500kms on per year rippin' up the hills. Like powder, carving, sidehilling...want to do it all. This year I'm working on bigger drops and jumps. I'm addicted to adrenaline rushes and power! Learning how to use the throttle was the best thing ever! It helps in anything you ride/drive.

Rode a bit as a teenager, not much mountain riding more to and from the bush parties LOL. Got into it again, MUCH later in life and now you can't keep me away! I am happy to represent the riders over 40 that can still tear it up!:D

Hubby and I get out at least once a week as we're fortunate to live in a sledding area. I ride with a group of a few guys and sometimes another gal. The guys are awesome at encouraging us to ride hard and overcome as many obstacles as we can and always ready to give us a hand if we need it. We're always up for a challenge and do everything we can to keep up with the boyz - in our backyard with adventurous and skilled guys this isn't easy!

Like to ride my quad and dirtbike, sold the boat as biking took over our desire to hit the water. We go on a few camping/riding trips per summer and have seen some amazing scenery and been on some good adventures. I'll share them in the Powder Room:)

Hope to see some of you gals around the mountains, I notice most of you are from the US, so probably doubtful but you never know.
Ride hard. And if you ever come to southern BC, look me up!!!:beer;

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Hey there all, my name is Linda Batterton and live in Milton-Freewater Oregon, at the base of the Blue Mountains.

Have a wonderfull boyfriend of 7 years now and a 20 year son, love them both!

Started sledding as a way to get to the school bus while I lived in Meacham in my high school years, so yeah it was kinda cool to say I was the first on the sled in the morning. Dad gave my brother and I a choice to ride dirt bike or snowmobile, DUH! winter was coming.

Have met some wonderful lady riders from here on SW as well on the Ladies Ride forum, and plan to keep on meeting them too.:D

Been riding now for over 25 years plus, took a few years off because of a marraige that didn't last so I'm back and staying put! Started out as a trail rider (parents of course) then I adventure into the unknown terriorty and it's WOW the country that only us sledders get to see and the boondocking, hill climbing that we find and get to enjoy. Just got to get the BF to take the pictures now!

We do just about something every weekend; sledding, quading, dirt bikes, motorcycling, and white water rafting, and just about anything that sounds like fun!

I started selling a product called "snackerpackers" last year, it's a mini oven bag that fits into your muff pot/hot pot/hotdogger. It'll warm up your food while you are tearing the snow. been very busy with that. So check them out on the my website.

Currenly ride a 2008 600 RMK with a Carl's 685 kit in it. Love it, but kinda wish that it had more power at times. maybe a happy button will fix that.:face-icon-small-hap

We ride alot here at home; Tollgate, Halfway, Catherine Creek, Anthony Lakes. Then we road trip to McCall every year, and now to Revelstoke Canada. Been to Priest Lake, Seeley Lake, and the Bend area. Plan to adventure out to other places, but work is busy that time of the year, so I should be fortunate that I get the times off that I need.

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
Ron you crack me up!!!! Love it!!!:D GP, I think he likes you a little!!!;)

My name is Melissa and I am from Soda Springs, Idaho. Which is the REAL Southeast Idaho. Not Island Park and that area!!! I live for sledding and my hubby (SW name cowboysedge) and 2 little girls ages 5 and 7!

We are lucky enough get out a couple times a week to ride and play! Which is awesome cause we rarely run into other people and have the mountains to our selves!! We also are lucky enough to sled right close to home. I love meeting all the lady riders out there and I am trying to get a couple ladies from around here to be more aggresive and ride harder. Sleddin is a huge passion for me!!:D

Our summer months are spent riding dirt bikes (loving that!!!), camping, fishing, hunting, and being outdoors. We also have horses and live out in the country.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Hi My name is Julie:
But I am usually called Jewels,

Like the rest of you I am a Sled a Holic …………..
I have been riding since 1971 got out of it for awhile around 1979-1984 then we bought some new sleds and have been sledding ever since. I live in Syracuse, Utah where we always have plenty of the worlds best snow. I ride an 07 M-08, and my favorite riding is boondocking. I Love to get off the trails, I really hate the trails, I like to get up and go thought the trees and play in all the powder I can find. I think it’s a thrill to climb, and carving in the snow, what we really do is all mountain riding, I just love being out side in the mountains, I am a mother of three, my oldest a daughter 27, married, no kids a son 22 almost married, no kids and a son 20 married & baby my grandson, Logan he means the world to me. He is 5 month old. he is our Joy. And we already have a sled waiting for him.

I enjoy my 750 king Quad, boating, fishing and camping, as long as I am out side I 'm a happy camper. I have always lived out in the sticks a farmer I guess you'd say, I grew up on horses but, my old horse of many years passed and I couldn’t really find another horse like him so we sold all our horses, now I just turn the keys.

I am an F-16 aircraft Election,

I have the Most amazing (husband is Skinner) on here! For 24 years we have been married. He is my best friend and my snowmobiling companion. We don’t do anything without each other, we always have so much fun together,
Remember when in doubt Throttle

Looking forward too chatting with all you ladies here on Powder room

I had to share this my Grandson found his thumb he is so cute Just love him..
th_Photo0141.jpg

Last edited:
hi i am Corrisa

My name is Corrisa i am 36 a single mother to one daughter who is 8. we live in fort Sask. AB and Sicamous BC. we love quading, sledding & boating.

I am a hair stylist by trade for 17 years now i also am a photo retoucher for the past 6 years([URL="http://www.miracle-enhancements.com/"]http://www.miracle-enhancements.com[/URL]) i run both businesses from home. when we do get out we go to our place in sicamous BC my boyfriend(overkill131313) & son live there we are out there every month for at least a week at a time, the beauty of being your own boss.

My boyfriend & i just started dating again the funny part is we met at age 13 never thought we would be here 20years later.

I have been sledding for 20yrs on & off just finally bought my own it is a 05 Polaris switchback 600 151" made into a mountain sled with a high rise seat...great cuz i am am 5'11" lol. my boyfriend is making it all pink & black i know what a great guy.

We Sled mostly on Queest Sicamous, Blue Lake Sicamous, Fly Hills Salmon Arm and Revy. all great as they are less then 45min from our place there.

:eek:i love pink...corrisa:eek:

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Hello from BC, Canada!
Hope to see some of you gals around the mountains, I notice most of you are from the US, so probably doubtful but you never know.
Ride hard. And if you ever come to southern BC, look me up!!!:beer;

oh, some of us make it up to BC fairly regularly! :) :) :)

Love to get off the trails, I really hate the trails, I like to get up and go thought the trees and play in all the powder I can find. I think it’s a thrill to climb, and carving in the snow... I am a mother of three, my oldest a daughter 27, married, no kids a son 22 almost married, no kids and a son 20 married & baby my grandson, Logan he means the world to me. He is 4 month old. he is our Joy. And we already have a sled waiting for him.

we have a LOT in common!!!!!!!! :D

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
oh, some of us make it up to BC fairly regularly! :) :) :)

we have a LOT in common!!!!!!!! :D

I think the more we all get to know each other you will find that a lot of us gals are the same. who wants to just stay at home and clean House when you can go play on our sleds HUH! and yes I think we are about the same age and same about our kids.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Hey ladies! Jen here from the big beautiful state of Alaska. Also known as Jen2 or J2 since I ride with my best friend and we share the same name and the type of sled we ride so it’s easy to confuse us when we are out riding it seems =)

Born and raised in this amazing state and have been riding snowmachines (or as you guys know them to be as snowmobiles) for the past 6 years or so. Try to get out just about every weekend since the daylight hours are short and it never seems like winter is long enough. Type of riding I love to do is finding the tallest mountain to climb, hitting jumps, playing in the beautiful fluffy powder and making tracks where no one has been before. You won’t catch me on a trail or lake unless it’s to get me to a cabin to bunker in for the night. The terrain here is something else, so many places to ride, wide range for all levels of riding and you don’t mind driving 2-3 hours one way just to get there.

When I’m not riding my sled I’m off playing in the dirt on my 4 wheeler, hiking, back country mountain biking, running or camping to keep me busy until winter hits. I’m really a tomboy at heart and love to play around with the boys and try to keep up.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Hi I'm Miss January, a 35 year old powdaholic! :) Otherwise known as B, Brandy, Coyote....

I have no kids, one tall and wonderful playmate. We live in Washington and have great riding within an hour of home but travel lots to find the fluffy snow. Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years are mandatory trips to Revy. February takes me to Oregon and hopefully this year back to Idaho then onto Wyoming. March and April usually demand trips back to Revy. And Mt Baker keeps us entertained atleast until Memorial Day.

My ride is Naomi, a 155" 700cc circus ride who prefers deep snow and skate park type settings. She is pink and purrs when there's 2' of powder to be had. Her dislikes - rocky cliffs, bad gas and trails.

This winter will be my 10th year riding and the 10th year of organizing the Annual Ladies Ride.

My other hobby is preparing for sledding. And I like to take pictures, thousands, of sledding.

Oh and I am the "Inventry Coordinator" and all around travel b!tch for a nutritional supplement company. With 18 days of vacation saved up my title will be "GONE" this winter. ;)

And I plan on making it to AK to ride with the AK CHICKAS!!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features