• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANYONE know a good sled mechanic

J

Jmx571

Sick of workin on my 7 and not enough time. Anyone know a good mechanic I can take it to who does not charge an arm and a leg.

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Sled guy (Dan Canfield) Studalishus! 577 6444 Great fuy great wrench and honest to a fault!

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Jason how ya been? i hit a tree broke my hand and a rib been out for awhile? Best snow of the season?

J

Jmx571

Okay dude, you told me the sled has about 4000 miles on it with the stock reeds, and NOW your telling me that have been replaced? What's the real story here??????? SERVED!!! LMAO!!!!! ;)

No!!! I replaced them when I got home on friday. first thing I did when I got home. thanks for the in put by the way old ones needed to be trashed. But it didn't fix the problem thats why i am at a loss. sorry didn't mean to make my self seem like more of a idiot then I already am.:beer;

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
you say it has psi twins what size of main jets are you running? have you called psi to see what the set up should be? i ask cause i use to ride with a guy that had a 99 700 with twins (his were slp) but his would run fine for awhile then just start running like chit. he re jetted according to what they said and it ran fine.

J

Jmx571

I called psi when i rebuilt the motor this summer. Re-did both carbs to PSI's specs. It has been running great this season untill this last week.

B
Dec 11, 2007
Sounds to me like it runs cold but goes bad when it gets hot? Check your stator. Had mine do the same thing-ran good when cold but when it got hot it would act like the main jet fell out-Stator fixed everything. There is a bench test for the stator so check it before you replace it.

P

paralyzed

Nov 30, 2007
west bountiful, utah
;)kevco

hay kev just got back from bountiful today 2 ft of fresh up there good ride.
what the heck that little 600 to much sled for ya we need to get you a 340 or we need to keep you out the trees.

sorry to here you got hurt sounds like you have time to polish your tunnel with your good hand lol.;):beer;

B
Jan 13, 2008
Kev,
Is that what they call it now "polishing the tunnel"?

If you need a good guy to work on your sled, give sam a call. nassize racing(sp?) in bluffdale. Always been good to me and my buddies and he can make them goats work.

Premium Features