• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing reeds on a BD TM8

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
geez this kit is a mess:(.....i already rerouted several wires and hoses for my taste

the narrow support that mounts the throttle bodies to the airbox is silly and very hard to remove to get to the reeds:mad:.....4 hrs later i now have the reeds in hand, both sides are missing reed material and Cutlers now suggests to use the stock M1000 reeds. most say reeds will last 400ish miles on this
Turbo kit?

Question - i will rework this goofy support peice before i put her back together tomorrow.....anyone reworked this support? looking for ideas:beer;

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
run the tdr reeds if you went thru all that work getting them out, m1000 reeds are junk like the stock m8 ones. and as for the airbox removal honestly didnt have any problems just have to hold your tongue right.lol

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
have a couple local guys that are running stock m1 reeds doubled up with stock m8 reeds, and they held up great, tore one down to replace pistons and reeds last month after 800-1000 miles and they still looked good.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
have a couple local guys that are running stock m1 reeds doubled up with stock m8 reeds, and they held up great, tore one down to replace pistons and reeds last month after 800-1000 miles and they still looked good.

i did this on my tm7, stacked new stockers on the m1000 reeds and have held up great. no change in crispness and i was told the m1000 reeds are almost identical to the tdr's.....mm

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
The air boxes fit pretty tight,my suggestion is to find the buddy with the smallest hands to help put it back together.IWhen I did mine,I almost bleed to death from all the nics in my hands....Good luck.....oh and I heard to double up your stock reeds is the way to go also.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
The air boxes fit pretty tight,my suggestion is to find the buddy with the smallest hands to help put it back together.IWhen I did mine,I almost bleed to death from all the nics in my hands....Good luck.....oh and I heard to double up your stock reeds is the way to go also.

bingo, my hands are big from beatin slaves in my younger years...

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
You can open up the space a little with a dremmel, especially the crossmember on the bulkhead. There are a few spots where you can dremmel a little more clearance for the plenum while you are in there.

Premium Features