• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gerbing Heated Jacket - Apex Capacity

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
I am buying my wife a Gerbing 12 volt heated jacket for Christmas. It draws 77 watts.

According to the Yamaha specifications it looks like both accessory circuits are only 3 amps.

Has anyone had good luck running their heated clothing off the Apex motor?

It looks like the EPS and/or main fuse is 40 amps so I'm thinking the alternator must have plenty of power?

Mine is a 2012. Thx.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I have a first gear 90 watt jacket and gloves set up on everything I ride. Go direct to battery, first gear harness has a inline fuse. Just slapped one on my viper for riding in 2F weather.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Wiring

Why not just go to a spare spot on the fuse panel that goes on and off with the key?

I take it you haven't any issues with overdrawing down the battery and the Yamaha alternator puts out plenty of power.

Thanks.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Keep it sperated from the relays and wiring, you fall off it unplugs, I don't want in the harness at all, but you stay warm until you unplug which usually is to get a beer:)) no problems on on bikes or sleds, now if you have an old batt it will kill it in short order which happened on my WR after map recon which was about a minute, 5 year old battery and it's been replaced. Everyone laughs till they put it on:))) I used it from federalway wa to dead horse ak and back with no problems on a 250wr.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features