• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 CMX Aerocharger Turbo 162

T
Aug 13, 2012
I think he should just leave it for sale at that price. I'm sure there is someone out there that would love to have it. If I was closer I'd buy another one, but I already have a bunch of snowmobiles..

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Have had a lot of interest in the sled. Will be heading to Colorado, Wyoming, and hopefully Cooke City in the next month or 2. Sled would make someone a good machine that wants power that you can just pull the rope and ride. I just have too many turbo sleds. If it had a new hood, or fixed hood, and seat covered it would be a really nice looking machine. I polished the tunnel a couple years ago.

T
Aug 13, 2012
Mine came with two hoods. The original owner was an oil tycoon in Wyoming and threw a few thousand down for a second hood. The original one is pearl white and the second one is flip-flop purple/pink/green with an eagle painted on the sides by a famous guy that paints Nhl hockey helmets. He said the eagles painted on the side alone cost $3500…

A new hood at CMX is $1250, they are made to order. They’re made out of kelvar and carbon fiber… If I were you, I’d just patch the hood and shine it up nice, it’s not in that bad of condition….

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
others pile it up in the garage till it bears fruit.

Does your state have legal weed? Do you partake?
Parts piled in my garage bearing fruit?
Used parts piled in a garage going up in value?
My advice to you if you believe in this tale-don't open a business anytime soon.
Happy friday!
Cheers!

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Does your state have legal weed? Do you partake?
Parts piled in my garage bearing fruit?
Used parts piled in a garage going up in value?
My advice to you if you believe in this tale-don't open a business anytime soon.
Happy friday!
Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I don't smoke weed, and it is not legal here. My response was to someone who thought parting out a sled was not worth the time and effort it would take. My point was that some folks are not ok with selling for what the immediate market is offering, and if parting a sled out to maximize the value in the sled why not. Some folks have no room for parts laying around or want to spend their free time marketing them, some do. Some folks are ok with waiting to get their money if it means they will get more overall, some just want to get what they can and move on. I agree that the value of the parts most likely will not go up, but most OEM new parts do go up every year in price, and at some point in time become NLA. In the case of CMX parts, some are already NLA, or made to order. Market pricing for anything varies when your buyer changes from some one who just wants what you are selling, and someone who needs what you are selling. Value will also vary if there are 10 or only 1 available. There are folks who do buy sleds and part them out, and at some point scrap the parts that are left over, and do make money at it. I believe they use the current new OEM pricing and current market conditions to set their pricing. If you sell your sled for 3k you have realized all the value the market is offering at that time. If you part it out and get 4K for it by having a pile of parts in the garage I would consider that the pile of parts did indeed bear 1K worth of fruit. Sorry for any confusion my reference to assets and banks has caused.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Very well written answer.
I like the reference to parts bearing fruit. It's kinda catchy. I'm gonna use that saying.
Cheers!

pinit!

Lifetime Membership
Aug 31, 2009
centennial co.
cmx

if you wants this sold call Jimbo 970-443-2582 in cheyenne wyoming i have cash in hand or trade for m6 plus cash m7 let me know thanks

viperbusa

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sounds good. Have someone coming to Look at the sled the end of the week. Will let you know if it's still for sale. I travel through Cheyenne to go sledding.

L
Sep 25, 2014
Im very interested in this sled. I would be able to come and get it from WI. If you could PM me I have a few questions for you.

Premium Features