• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help picking a personal wireless reader

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
My mom loves to read and with christmas coming up, i figured picking up a wireless reader would be nice. Even though she is aproaching 50, i think she could figure one out. With me not being into much reading myself, i had only head of The Kindle. I figured it'd be an easy choise. Turns out Sony has a personal reader, barnes and noble caries one called "the nook". Anyone use any of these or have any recommendations? thanks

Vernon

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Hey VDog

I did alot of research on digital readers, looked at Kindle, Sony and the Nook. I ended up purchasing the Nook . Reason being less glare on the screen than the Sony, very clear, use of ease, you can share books, and it works with windows. The Kindle is nice as well (my friend has one) but you can only share with others as long as you are on the same account and Amazon archives your books for you unlike the Sony and the Nook where you can store them on your own PC.

It really comes down to personal choice. I bet whatever you select, she will love it!

Good luck :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features