• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Favorite Place to Ride??

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
Just wondering where all the ladies' favorite places to ride are.....places you've been or places that you want to go.....I think maybe I'm partial to B.C. because I live here (and there are more places to ride than just Revy!!!lol) I would love to go back to Yellowstone (was there in 1992).....even though it wasn't the big mountains (back in 92, who cares?? Any machine was fair game!!) We had an awesome time with friends and loved the town, everyone was so friendly and really catered to the sledders. I don't know if that's changed now.....

I would love to sled in Stewart, B.C. at the end of July (yes, folks they have an EXTREMELY long season!!)

I want to head to Revy this winter sometime (yes, I admit even though I live in B.C. I have not sledded there yet!!) I would like to see for myself what all the fuss is about.....lol

I guess my favorite place to ride is the Northern Rockies of B.C......where else can you go where there is untracked powder for miles, untouched bowls and not another soul around except for the ones in your sledding group.....I am truly blessed to have all this within an hour and 1/2 from my house.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
You are truly blessed. Your post just took my breath away reading it.:D Pics, Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel blessed as well. Lightest snow on earth. Well that's what I heard.:eek: I have never been anywhere else. Right out the back door to the playground.

S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
This is what I just posted same topic in LR:
I've ridden Diamond Lake area, OR - Island Park, ID - Saratoga, WY - Monte, UT - Togwotee, WY - Alpine/Afton, WY - Montpelier, ID - Big Piney, WY and Blind Bull/Horse Creek, Wy outside of Pinedale, WY.
My family and I like Horse Creek the best 1) it's the closest (100 mi) 2) it has something for everyone, wide open meadows, hills, mountains, boondocking in the trees and you can go forever it seems.

208005613209_0_ALB.jpg

100_0340.jpg

Some areas tho we really haven't been able to explore as much as we need to. So many areas, so little time.

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
My favorite place in Utah is on the North side of the Uintas. In Colorado it's the Flattops from the Gravel pit parking lot. Both places have lots of tree's, meadows, hidden pockets of deep pow, hills to climb and jumping. A little bit of everything for everybody.

T

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I love to ride the Logan Utah, area, Let’s see there is The Temple Canyon Trail it is a moderately difficult,. You can ride to Old Ephraim’s Grave, The trail is groomed weekly and receives relatively little use. Deep powder play areas near Temple Flat and trail combined to make this an excellent opportunity for intermediate riders. Sinks Trail area Heading north from Hardware Ranch, or east from the lodge, this trail is through the Pine trees, getting more crowed on the weekends but during the week you’re lucky to see anyone. Access to some of the world’s best play and hill climbing areas in the region are on this trail. Garden City Trail this trail is twisty and narrow in spots as it climbs from Garden City to the Sinks area. Near Garden City, The trail receives moderate use, but provides access to several popular play areas, a lot of bowls and hills to climb. Inspiring views of the Bear Lake Valley we always stop here and eat lunch it’s so beautiful, you can see bear lake from the trail. Drifting pliers of snow line the walls of the trail. Amazon Trail is an easy, well-groomed trail ideal for beginning to intermediate riders. The trail provides access to the Beaver Creek Lodge for riders coming from Garden City and the other eastern slope trail heads. The first mile of the trail (from the east) is narrow and moderately steep and is prone to occasional drifting. The second mile is heavily wooded and provides excellent mountain riding. The Beaver Creek Trail originates near the Beaver Creek Lodge and provides a connection between the Utah and Idaho trail systems. This trail receives a lot of use its so crowed on the weekends but it opens up and you lose every one. and is groomed frequently. There is pat hollows crash site . it’s always a fun ride, all different kinds of things to do here! narrow trails provides numerous play opportunities in bowls of deep powder. And there is a really fun ride up through Pig Trough, it’s a uphill winding trail that takes you to ST Charles Peek. The Franklin Basin Trail provides an interconnection to the Idaho snowmobile trail system. This wide, easy trail receives high use by both Utah and Idaho snowmobile's, though use declines in the higher parts of the trail. This trail is groomed frequently, Danish Pass (/Cub River) St. Charles this does have some avalanche’s in it though out the year this is a fun ride no matter where you go. There is Egan basin area. This is my favorite place in the whole world to snowmobile we have been too many place around the states but I always like to come home in my own back yard that’s where it’s been the best sledding so far. there is competition hill, and what we call Skippy mister hill. And it is really Gibson basin area. It is a fun place to play. You can’t go wrong if you go here!
You have to drive to here from beaver creek lodge, but Tony Grove Trail provides excellent mountain trail riding opportunities as it climbs through the twisty canyon between Logan Canyon and Tony Grove Lake. This is a popular destination trail with a nice play area at Tony Grove Lake.

DSCF0076.jpg DSCF1485.jpg DSCF1501.jpg DSCF0056.jpg

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
we went to Logan canyon today and we ran into a big snow storm... I had to share it with all of you!!!! Snow yes cant wait!!!!

Sinkslogancanyon.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Tough one for me.

Halfway has a special place in my heart. It has alot of alot ie something for everyone. I love how much jumping and dropping I can do in Halfway, it seems like you are in the air as much as you are on the ground.

McCall, it's where I learned to ride, it's where I put 9k miles before leaving Idaho. It's got some challenging backcountry, ie trees, cliffs, ravines, boulders, creeks, back country lakes, etc. Light fluffy snow. I miss the "truck to riding in 2miles" deal. lol I miss the "pull out a map and let's explore" rides of McCall.

Utah, I've never been in lighter snow. However, much of what I saw is to open for me. ;) I realllly want to hit Tony Grove. Monte Cristo had some great tree riding!

Montana, big hills, but really only got to experience spring riding there.

Wyoming, have to go back. Horse creek, first place I rolled...

Washington, we have a LONG LONG riding season. MUCHO snow, just a bit heavier than I'd like. lol Riding on a glacier is WAY cool.

Canada... ya.. I'd move there tomorrow. lol Revy is amazing. The diversity of it's terrain is what draws me. I can be in the open or in tight tight trees. Drainages, cornices. The biggest draw back to Revy is the length of the trails. Same with Pemberton area, long ways to get there. But when you do, you think you've died and gone to heaven FOR SURE!

It seems like I can have fun anywhere, but trails. My ride gets made better by the peeps I'm with and the challenge of the day. :cool:

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
you know whats great its funny how two people can visit the same location and feel like nobody else has ever been there!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
Wow...all of those places sound (and look!) great! I've only been to a couple places in WA, and had a very short ride in Vail, CO when we bought my sled earlier this year. Also want to go to Halfway...and a lot of the other places mentioned! How long is the season again??? lol

D
Oct 7, 2009
Washington
I'd have to say right from our cabin.....something to be said about hoping on your sled sitting right out the front door!

Oh, what a bragger, lol! ;) We live fairly close to St. Helens so it's not too bad of a drive out there, but nothing like being able to jump on and ride right from home!

Premium Features