• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 07 800r summit X build

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
I have a 2007 summit X I bought with a few upgrades. It has a boon dockers nitrous system (for sale) 174" track, can and wheel kit. I was just going to put pistons in since it has 2500 miles but after reading about crank issues and whatever else somehow talked myself into a 872 BB kit. So it should be interesting to say the least to hop on it when I go to the mountains. I rude mostly rabbit ears, buffalo pass and southern big horns. If anyone has any suggestions or tips/mods to do to the sled let me know. I'll up load pics in a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
gadujuhy.jpg
su6aqyhe.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Nice rack! I would strongly suggest getting a tunnel extension on.. I ran my 144 tunnel with a extended 151 track and ended up ripping the back of the tunnel off. I guess some X's came with the back half of the seat black? And pm me with a price on your nos set up

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
Well the motor is out and on its way to Daves. Im polishing up the aluminum a bit while I have some downtime and looking for other things to do. Also moved the steering forward and removed the sway bar.
Does anyone sell water proof analog gauges? In my powerstroke its easier to glance as a analog gauge vs a digital gauge so wondering if anyone has ran one?
Is anyone running a 174"x 2.5 track with a 872? I havent taken the clutches apart to see what they have in for springs yet. I have a 23 and 43 gears in the gear case and looks like a wohl bros racing 7 tooth driver.

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
Welcome to the forum. I have a 2007 Summit X as well. My engine is supposed to be back from Trygstad any day now. I am anxiously awaiting. I would get in touch with Jason at Team Industries for your clutching and gearing setup. He will set you straight on what to run. I know he has been working pretty closely with Dave to get the two working together.

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
I looking forward to getting it back in about a month. Im trying to get everything ready so I can just put the motor in and go.
I have been looking but cant seem to find a answer. I have 2 vaccum lines. One goes from the side panel air box to the DPM. Theres another one that looks to go to the side panel too, and goes to a T under the dash with a vent on one side and about a 3" line on the other side of the T. Anyone know what this line is for?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I looking forward to getting it back in about a month. Im trying to get everything ready so I can just put the motor in and go.
I have been looking but cant seem to find a answer. I have 2 vaccum lines. One goes from the side panel air box to the DPM. Theres another one that looks to go to the side panel too, and goes to a T under the dash with a vent on one side and about a 3" line on the other side of the T. Anyone know what this line is for?
Not to rain on your parade, but he has had mine since October 15. He is slammed right now. I knew I should have pulled mine and sent it to him back in July :eek:hwell:

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
Yea I figured he would be swamped this time of year. It is what it is. Nothing big planned till middle of January so hopefully it's close at that point. He said the guy that coats the cylinders is a 3 week hold up. Otherwise Dale said everything was on hand and in house. O well it will be worth the wait.
Carb heaters worth keeping hooked up or plug them?

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
ba6ase8u.jpg

Crappy picture but the line I am talking about has a blue plastic looks like one way valve. It's up by the handle bar riser

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I plugged my carb heaters. I have never needed them and don't think I will. I have heard of too many issues with them.

And it looks to me like that is the gas tank vent line. I you follow it up, it should connect to a black rubber bung on the front of the tank, right below the neck where you fill the tank.

Last edited:
S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
Alright thanks. Does it need to go to the air box or just to the atmosphere?

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
Next question is what's everyone's opinion on mod rods monster boards and vents?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I have WRP boards and really like them. I have Mod Rods vents and they are great. Very durable and easy to install. Just take your time and make sure you have everything straight how you want it before you start cutting. I use hole saws to do the cut outs under the vents as opposed to taking out all of the material. It just seemed too flimsy to me if I were to remove all of the material.

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
I thought about the WRP boards. I like the Wide boards with the back step. Price isnt to attractive though.
Can anyone tell me what kind of can or silencer is on my sled? Theres no markings or stamps on it. Looked like a HPS.
Im thinking about replacing the fuel line, just because I guess since its easy to get to now. Doo you guys just order it from the dealership?

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
I have a brand new set of Black Mod Rods boards for sale if you're interested. They're for a Rev of course. PM ME.

Premium Features