• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 Pro not pulling rpm?

I recently purchased a '11 Polaris Pro 163". It's completely stock. My first two rides out this year it was running strong pulling 8050-8150 RPM, Today we were boon docking pretty hard and by the end of the day it would bog and then pull 7400 and drop to 6800 and back up to 7400. This sled has 1700 miles and I'm running the premium Plug with non ethanol fuel. I don't know much of the sleds history because I bought it form a dealer. It seems to vibrate more than I remember at low RPM. It runs fine up to half throttle after that it acts up. I wish Polaris would spend some money on engineers to get this 800 figured out.

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Is your belt and clutches clean? It could be enough to change the belt.
I had the same problem on my 2011 Pro this weekend, and my belt had 2000mil on it, changed this and all was well...

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
The throttle free play issue acted up just like this on my sled. Showed up out of nowhere. Tightened up the throttle cable, and no more bog or low idle. Give er a try.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I recently purchased a '11 Polaris Pro 163". It's completely stock. My first two rides out this year it was running strong pulling 8050-8150 RPM, Today we were boon docking pretty hard and by the end of the day it would bog and then pull 7400 and drop to 6800 and back up to 7400. This sled has 1700 miles and I'm running the premium Plug with non ethanol fuel. I don't know much of the sleds history because I bought it form a dealer. It seems to vibrate more than I remember at low RPM. It runs fine up to half throttle after that it acts up. I wish Polaris would spend some money on engineers to get this 800 figured out.

Check your primary spring... Bet money it is broken. Early Pros are notorious for breaking primary springs. If you can't see its broken, pull the cover off and check for sure, I broke one once and couldn't see it was broke until I pulled outside cover and found just a small piece on the end had broke.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Start at easy fixes and work way to hard:
new plugs
new belt
clutch springs
throttle cable adjustment
exhaust valves
Motor mounts
EGT sensor
TPS sensor
Stator
New Motor... :yo:

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
to add to list check reeds,fuel filter,filter in tank,but i have been chassing this exact bog and my dealer on my 11 pro for over a month if u figure this out please pm me and i will do the same as well,so far checked all clutching reeds,scoped motor,fuel pressure,tps,coils,new injectors,re maped ecu,comp test,valves checked,few more simple things to check then not sure wtf to do

Thank You for the feed back! >:)

To those of you that recognized this as an exhaust valve problem, two thumbs up. Thank you everyone that replied, most of it was useful. I just got the sled back from the mechanic and one of the exhaust valves was loose. The buttons in the clutch were worn out and the weights were digging into the spider, and one of the spark plug wires was half rubbed through the insulation. All things I should have looked over before the first ride. Well, we'll see you out there.

Premium Features