• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

replacing 800 with a 1160

B

BC_kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 17, 2007
have some up dates on my build.

ive removed 800r,all wiring,headlights,oil bottle, pipe, can then washed bulkhead. my new 440 steering post arrived 5 days ago and my 4 window digitron(2 egt's,tach and water temp) should be at my house tomorrow. also i ordered a complete team tied splined secondary with 78-65-0.46 78-63-0.46 helix with a red/black spring that should be at my house for when i get back home for my 8 days off. it sucks only having 8 days off a month. i work 12 hours north from where i live on a 20-8 schedual...it blows!!

any recommendations what i should use for clutching in my primary im using a new p85 polaris clutch.

Last edited:
B

BC_kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 17, 2007
sorry about lack of pictures or anything but ive been working lots and finally managed to get a few good days of work into the build. the hardest part was making a engine plate that sat the 1160 1" higher then a 800 and rework a steering post to clear the jaws twins but other then that its getting close to firing it up!!!

....jpg ........jpg belt drive.jpg ......jpg 1160 summit.jpg

A
Dec 19, 2011
thats banannas! I was honestly expecting more hp numbers from that engine with those jugs. I think a race fuel 880/872 with all the trimmings is capable of 200hp.

fricken cool build tho!!! excited for more pics and some video!

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello Bckid, awesome build and sled, Man thats a mod sled for sure I like it!! thats a huge displacement engine.

I`m interested in more info on the belt drive setup you have that looks to use the skidoo inner chaincase , Is this an extended chaincase or a Drop and
Roll?? where did you get the setup, what tooth is each gear of ratio of gearing to stock chain and gears, for instance I`m running a 19/47 gearing

What did this setup cost ya?

Thanks, Wildcard

B

BC_kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 17, 2007
its a C3 powersports syncro drive they call it. it bolts right up to the stock inner case. it seriously took 15-30 mins to install very easy. its been dropped and rolled and not to sure on the # of teeth but the gearing works out to be a 2.22 gear ratio. i cant wait to try it out

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
the syncrodrive was 1100$ shipped to my door
Sweet build You built a rocket one of my buddies rides a king cat with Engine Tecs 1160 and it ripps and is very realiable .You will love it .NICE BUILD.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
sorry about lack of pictures or anything but ive been working lots and finally managed to get a few good days of work into the build. the hardest part was making a engine plate that sat the 1160 1" higher then a 800 and rework a steering post to clear the jaws twins but other then that its getting close to firing it up!!!

Is there a shorter belt that can be used on the Synchro drive? Any gains by going to a belt drive(save the weight) are cancelled because of that wicked dogleg you got going on there....

Premium Features