• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 or '12 PRO 800 RMK - SLP Pipe

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Have many people that own these put a SLP single on and does it respond well to it? Is a fuel controller required then?

I may be coming off of a very-well set-up M1000 and know I am going to want more power out of an 800 - without the expense of a turbo!

Just curious if the pipe does anything for it or not.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
TNTCOPP Good questions and you will surly get a big range of answers. Heres what I will share with you. At the Ski-doo show the other night I ran into a friend i hadn't ridden with in a long time who was always getting the biggest and baddest sled, and his last sled was an M1000 which buy the time he was done had a ton of goodies on it. Well he wanted to go riding with me because he now has a 800 pro, and as he put it, it made his M1000 look bad in every aspect of riding excpet maybe going strait down the trail. So you might be suprised. Good luck.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Yep. My last 2 mod sleds sure pulled alot harder on hard pack and i'll admit I miss the arm stretch feeling of when you pinned them. But, for we where we ride 90+% of the time, the stock Pro will far out perform the mod sleds with big power. Sure, I'd love to have that kind of power and pull in this chassis. But them again, running a stock sled, pump gas, oil&gas, pull rope and go, out perform most mod sleds, has been fun. I just can see modding this thing.

Ok, I'll admit I did put a PA head on mine. Very tame thing to imo. Only added about 4hp on top. Big deal. I can't tell it's there. HOWEVER, It adds 14-15hp from 6-7000rpm. The throttle response gain is huge. That is the fun factor for me and useable power when boondocking and tree riding. Short steep gullies. All of which describe most of my riding.

Ride it stock for a while before you break open the aftermarket catologs. The sled just might surprise you. I ride with a well tuned stage iv slp pro rmk. Yes, he can pull things I can't. But not by enough to make me run avgas or race gas again, tuning all the time, and the kind of money he spent. If I want more out of my sled than how it surrently sits, I would just to a turbo. There is no comparing a small boost turbo to a stage for kit in terms of performance, yet the build cost in the end, isn't that different. Food for thught.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Did u run just your stock pistons for the pa head? And did u add anything else or change your clutching

I changed my clutching. we changed them up for pure stock sleds as well. I run about 2 grams more weight with the head than the guys with stock setups run. Stock pistons. i've been extremely happy with this setup.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i added the slp pipe to mine and was very impressed with its improvement. i then added the PA head. i noticed a slight improvement with the head but not as much as the pipe. it ran good for quite a while but just recently started fouling plugs. on the last ride i pulled the pcV and bumped the octane to about 95. the wash was much improved after the last ride. for me at sea level and not having to deal with ethonal fuel the SLP map was too safe for me. since i'm not real excited about having to bump my octane every ride i am put the pcV back on with an autotune to see what kind of map i end up with.

pv

Premium Features