• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Wants a 37 inch A Arm for the Rev?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Made by Dan from" Alternative Impact".When I started this thread I was trying to match the stance of the 2011 XP. I had done some testing a couple years ago and really the absolute best setup is 37 inch with the spindles Centered over the ski{no offset] This allowed sled to tip with ease and reduced steering effort at the same time.FYI I have spoke to some Ski doo pros and off the record said the 2011 stance set in narrow position during last years demo rides and the ski felt as if it was folded under the sled and did have some ill effects, They also indicated that 37 inch is best . Dan can make these arms and slide the lower shock mount out to the same location it is now which will not change the sleds height or shock calibrations and allow stock shocks to be used.This could make the best mountain chassis even better .Need 10 sets to make it worth while to make the jigs.Have several interested already.Chime in if interested!

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
How many more sets are needed? If we hit as many rocks as last year, I should buy 2 sets. Maybe these are tougher than stock or maybe if I was narrower, I would have missed? They will sure be nice in the trees and now that I think about it, it will be nice in the trailer too.
Pass this around everybody, I really think it's the way to go.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
37" A-arms

They are not a new design, just shorter than what is currently available. Pricing will be very similar to the 39.5 arms. Same thing for the Titanium.
Check out the site for some answers or email the company.
Thanks for your interest.

Click Here for Web Site

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
How many more sets are needed? If we hit as many rocks as last year, I should buy 2 sets. Maybe these are tougher than stock or maybe if I was narrower, I would have missed? They will sure be nice in the trees and now that I think about it, it will be nice in the trailer too.
Pass this around everybody, I really think it's the way to go.

I,m thinking of two sets also. Right now I have a spare brand new set in the box so if I do take out a arm I,m back up and running. perhaps Dan can give us a status count since some may have phoned him directly

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
over $400?! im out. what does it cost about $50 for the material? lol

No problem . These drop alot of weight and the flickability gains are priceless!Also dont have to worry about a nun bending.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin

In case nobody has looked, the discounted price for Ski-doo OEM A-arms is over 400 and retail is close to 500. The arms being talked about here, are custom made in small quantities, of stronger, lighter material.
There's much more to making these arms than welding some pipe together, some of which includes, precision machining for the Ball Joints and bushing ends.
Just pointing out the fact, that the price is very reasonable for what they are. Yes, it's still a bunch of money, just saying, the price is a good value and if it's what you are looking for, it's the only place you're going to find them.
By the way, I'm not involved in making these, just helping find enough orders, to get passed the break even point, to make it economical to go into production (because I want a set).

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Actually the cost of the material is right around $16.00. Found a pretty good deal at Home Depot. The hot glue sticks are bit spendy, but seem to be working. LOL But on a serious note, i think everybody else's arms are slightly more $. Believe me, you dont get rich building a-arms.:face-icon-small-hap

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
In case nobody has looked, the discounted price for Ski-doo OEM A-arms is over 400 and retail is close to 500. The arms being talked about here, are custom made in small quantities, of stronger, lighter material.
There's much more to making these arms than welding some pipe together, some of which includes, precision machining for the Ball Joints and bushing ends.
Just pointing out the fact, that the price is very reasonable for what they are. Yes, it's still a bunch of money, just saying, the price is a good value and if it's what you are looking for, it's the only place you're going to find them.
By the way, I'm not involved in making these, just helping find enough orders, to get passed the break even point, to make it economical to go into production (because I want a set).

Well Said. Once you hold a set of these in your hands and pick up the stockers it will be well worth the price.The weight savings alone gives a more responsive feeling. I really believe once these are out and some reviews come in on the Flickability and the snappy steering response they will take off.There are many deep powder riders who have realized the Rev is a better balanced sled for boondocking ,Granted the XP rocks on the trails. Us die hards will easily justify purchase a set of arms to enhance performance.To top it off the quality and Dans Customer service is exceptional .

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Well Said. Once you hold a set of these in your hands and pick up the stockers it will be well worth the price.The weight savings alone gives a more responsive feeling. I really believe once these are out and some reviews come in on the Flickability and the snappy steering response they will take off.There are many deep powder riders who have realized the Rev is a better balanced sled for boondocking ,Granted the XP rocks on the trails. Us die hards will easily justify purchase a set of arms to enhance performance.To top it off the quality and Dans Customer service is exceptional .

Dang it Bob I'm tellin ya they're on the list, just can't swing it right now. You guy's are talkin the chromoly arms correct?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dang it Bob I'm tellin ya they're on the list, just can't swing it right now. You guy's are talkin the chromoly arms correct?

Yes the Moly.They are feather light. Mine I have on now and have run for two years have been a great asset when I was hit head on and when I tagged a rock really hard. Folded arm and No nun damage. That alone save my Ars.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
DAN You make them-They will come!
I know, just like the xp 35.7'' arms. Cant keep up. Just have to keep my poop in a group. you understand. You among MANY others are a true testament to the quality that goes out. Jig set-up time is the killer. Once jigs are built, your somewhat home free. Takes #'s to spend 3-4 days to get set up.:pop2:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anti nun bending ability? So are these a arms weaker than stock so a hit would be absorbed into the arm and not the nun?
Moly is light. They are strong but designed to fold on direct hit rather than taking out the nun, I have folded two arms ,One time was head on hit by another sled and another tagged rock at 30 MPH, Zero nun damage and really save my hide, Was back on the snow next day.The stock arms are made of Water pipe and Will take out the front end,Been there like most everyone else.The benifits are really worth the coin.Weight savings,Nun saving moly tubing,and the new design width will make your sled carve with ease.The hammer powder coat looks awesome as well.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Anti nun bending ability? So are these a arms weaker than stock so a hit would be absorbed into the arm and not the nun?
Bob's got a good argument. I really think the arms are designed as good as they can be. Not just the Moly arms, but the Titanium as well. I have been building a-arms as well as all the suspension parts for 11 years as a full time job. Spent countless hours trying to find the right tube thickness for the front and rear of the arm that would be extremely durrable but yet fold when they needed to. The placement of the cross tube is also crucial. Believe me, there is a very fine line there. Its definately no guarantee, you can hit stuff a hundred different ways, but ask anyone that has bought a pair. The proofs in the puddin. Ask Doc Zoom why he went to the Titanium arms on his carbon sled last year. An excellent product usually sells itself, I just build them. Thanks for listening! Hope that diddnt sound arrogant.

Dan

Premium Features