• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

She's topless...new pix

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Finally got it how I want it. Just waiting on my tach which will mount up on the front of my riser. Removing headlights and pod probably saved about 8lbs and I wired in a 35w Lead Dog helmet light. Also waiting for one more lower vent for the starboard side to finish her out. Last thing I'll do is buy or fab up some drop brackets to lift the back end a few inches. Looks pretty sweet me thinks!

Rt

rev.jpg

PA050089.jpg

PA050096.jpg

PA050098.jpg

PA050099.jpg

PA050100.jpg

PA050103.jpg

Last edited:

ApeSh*tBananas

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2008
Conway
Dude!!!!!

She's a ten bro for sure what kind of vent kit did you do is that the xxx mod rods kit.:beer;:beer;:beer;

F
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle suburb
Wow!

Retodd, that is the coolest looking Rev I've seen. But, dude, you can't just post up pics of that beauty and not give us the details:D
What's the story on the top? And the details on the console mods?

Again, very nice!

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Ok, here's the scoop.

I pulled gauge pod off. Only part I used from it was the bump that goes around the steering post. I had to jigsaw it off, clean the edges up, then used a little fuel line to complete. I left 2 little ears on that part to screw down into the HDPE. You also have to cut out the the piece that goes accrossed the front above the headlight.

For the HDPE, I started with a rough shape and worked and re-worked it until I got it right. Once you get the shape, you have to heat it slowly with a torch and bend it how you want it. Burnt the tips of my fingers off a few times getting it right but it looks really good. To get it to lay correct, you have to take off the lip on the inside of your stock plastic shroud (the part that covers the tank and goes forward). Once you get it formed, then it is a matter of drilling two small pilot holes where the tabs go into the tank shroud, then work your way forward and drill a few holes on the side tabs of the schroud. Finally, drill two small holes in the "ears" of the post cover down into the HDPE to tighten it up.

The last thing to do is to take the stock Tach, cut the little tabs off the outside case, then get a 4" ABS piece from hardware store, heat it up, then set it inside. Finally, cut the tabs off the trim ring and push it on to clean it up. You have to cut a few wire ties to get the tach wires to reach up but it is worth it because now I might actually be able to read it while riding in the deep and I don't think it will get burried in snow anymore;)

Also, I took off my thumb switches, opened them up, then broke the warmer button supports and hot glued them back in a ways so hopefully I won't turn my warmers off while riding in the deep stuff (that pisses me off!).

Here's a few pix for anyone interested. Good luck.

Rt

rev2.jpg

rev3.jpg

rev4.jpg

rev5.jpg

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
a/f gauge and h20 gauge on the console. Thanks guys...this time of year I always get antsy and start creating projects!

You can't see it but I also gutted the side of my outer airbox and between the extra vent, SLP kit, and stock filter I should be getting plenty of fresh air!!! Also had to drill my tank vent as it was causing it to flood out and die.

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
did the same thing to my 04 a few years ago, looks awesome! i used an avenger 2 tho instead of the stock tach. makes the sled look extra mod ish lol.

jesse2.jpg

sled looks good!
-Jesse

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
Looks really good!
Wondering what you did to your running boards to raise the back up. I am looking to do something similar and where did you get the long snow eliminators? can only find ones that will cover about 3/4 of the running boards? Thanks

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Looks really good!
Wondering what you did to your running boards to raise the back up. I am looking to do something similar and where did you get the long snow eliminators? can only find ones that will cover about 3/4 of the running boards? Thanks

I used to make running board kits and the set I have on there now was a prototype set. I like that they go all the way back like you are saying. I sure wish Doo did a better job designing the drop bracket supports so it could have another hole there but....

I still have the plans on file with the machinist and could probably get them if someone wanted them bad enough.

Rt

Premium Features