• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 helmets and goggles?

B
Sep 15, 2009
iowa city, iowa
i know the new 509 helmets aren't even out yet but i was just wondering have they had other helmets and are they a good one to buy? would you suggest getting the goggles too or finding another kind like spy, etc.

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
as far as i know, this is the first helmet that they have come out with. i tried one on at haydays and they are very comfortable and nice looking. i absolutly love my 509 goggles along with the polarized lenses. id highly recommend getting a pair of them.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
How much are extra lens and the quick straps? Need both for when my helment gets here.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I can say good thinkgs about the goggles. They seem to hold up pretty good. Spy is a great goggle as well. can't beat either of those two.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
They told me they were coming out with something to replace the quick straps:D Are they out yet?? Cant find anything about them..

I belive Tom said he wont say a word till they have them instock but its in there catalog I got at haydays they look sweet--hope they work as i went back to full strap few years back cuz the velcro seems to FAIL at the wrong times:(

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
I agree. The large fit me perfectly. A little bigger than the HJC large. The flat black one looks awesome. IMO

the fit seemed to be a little on the larger size as i have a large hjc and its pretty snug and when i tried the large 509 on it fit alot better.

J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre
How much volume is in the goggles? I wear glasses, but they are pretty small frame. Has anyone tried 509s with glasses before?

I have used the 509s for two years and still love them.They fit my glasses ok. The newer wons will fit even better do to they have more foam on them now. Ready for the lid and gogs to show up that is for sure. :D Thanks agin 509.

509 products are amazing in my opinion. i havent seen or worn the helmet yet but according to its specs its about .3 grams lighter than my lightweight afx helmet.. i have the 509 goggles and they have proven amazing time and time again! i used to wear dragons but they always fogged and these 509's are lighter, fog resistant, scratch resistant, and very comfortable to wear.. id say go for it! :beer;

Premium Features