• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Friday Deals? Sucky this year?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Is it just me or are the black friday deals sucky this year?

Anybody have some leads on good deals anywhere?

Im looking for deals on blu ray movies, xbox360 and possibly a 40" tv... all the adds im looking through (bestbuy, circuit city, etc) suck big time and are like $10 off regular price...

oh and snowmobiles too :D

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
blackfridayads.com and http://bfads.net/ posts all the adds, you should be ashamed a Canadian has to point this out :D but I kinda agree, I was expecting more deals to be had.

Some of the better ones I have seen

46" Sharp aquios 1080P from sears $899
select blu ray movies from best buy for $9.99
xbox/ps3/wii games for $16.99
8 Gb SD card for $8.99

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
What deals are you guys really expecting....2 things going on in this economy;

- Retailers are already selling their goods for no profit because the public is too brokeass/thinks they're too brokeass to buy anything for real money

- Retailers are trying to hold margin on the few units they DO sell, as volume is way down because the public is too brokeass/thinks they're too brokeass to buy anything that actually costs money

Jay's economics 101....aight peace

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
What deals are you guys really expecting....2 things going on in this economy;

- Retailers are already selling their goods for no profit because the public is too brokeass/thinks they're too brokeass to buy anything for real money

- Retailers are trying to hold margin on the few units they DO sell, as volume is way down because the public is too brokeass/thinks they're too brokeass to buy anything that actually costs money

Jay's economics 101....aight peace

You can look at it that way, but there is always a flip side of the coin, retailers also might be looking to clear out stock now to lower inventory for 2009 when most analysts expect consumer spending to be at its lowest, don't want to be stuck with more inventory than you need which most stores are probly in right now because of the boom before this, and how fast it went sour, that inventory costs money to keep. Or get one last kick at the can for sales before the recession takes a good grip, suprisingly in canada, consumer spending for vehicles and goods were up in september, so who really knows, but there is always a flipside, from what I have been hearing, this year should have been a good year for deals, but I have yet to see it.

Look for prices in Canada as well to be good for electronics this year, they bought their stock when the canadian dollar was still pretty high, their dollar would not go as far if they were to buy that same stock now.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
blackfridayads.com and http://bfads.net/ posts all the adds, you should be ashamed a Canadian has to point this out :D but I kinda agree, I was expecting more deals to be had.

Some of the better ones I have seen

46" Sharp aquios 1080P from sears $899
select blu ray movies from best buy for $9.99
xbox/ps3/wii games for $16.99
8 Gb SD card for $8.99

blackfriday.info was the site i was using to browse...

lol that sharp was on sale on dell.com last week for $799 as a daily special... well maybe it was a different model number...

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I thought only chicks went out on Friday?

I plan on getting home from work at 6:30 am and having beer.

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I thought only chicks went out on Friday?

I plan on getting home from work at 6:30 am and having beer.

Don't need to go out to take advantage of the deals, online websites, its useful stuff. I will be drinking beer while getting my christmas shopping done at the same time, all the while sitting in the comfort of my home, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Have you got your christmas shopping done yet?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Don't need to go out to take advantage of the deals, online websites, its useful stuff. I will be drinking beer while getting my christmas shopping done at the same time, all the while sitting in the comfort of my home, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Have you got your christmas shopping done yet?

nope the wife is going in the morning.....hope she buys herself something!

Premium Features