• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid advice for a 13 apex se

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I want to stretch it from 128 to a 153 ish length. I want to run a 2.5 paddle and I want a nice ride and for it to climb up on the snow with in reason. I’m currently looking at an 08xp 154 skid. Any opinions would be great.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Its built very slight compared to the apex skid. As long as you aren't jumping it hard or running real hard on rough trails it should be fine though.

They are also known as wheelie monsters as well.. but they may not be a concern with the extra weight you'll be carrying up front.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Back dating that far on a skid doesn't seem like a great idea. Unless that skid is free, I would find something better. Even the newest ski doo skid is the least desirable on the market IMO with old torsion springs in it. There must be some deals on good skids out there...

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I have 153 Viper skid and 2.6 track that would work quite well on that buggy. shafts may be a tad short but you could always make a nice aluminum collar that widens it out.
PM me if interested.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
The above Viper skid sounds like a much better choice. I also noticed a Cat float skid in the classifieds, even though I think it may be a bit overpriced.

I don't think they have even made the M10 skid for a decade or more now. I think there are great aftermarket skids out there by ez ryde and timbersled just to name a couple. I am not sure why you wouldn't want one of those...

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Partially because of price and the way they hold the front down. I have rode all 3 and did not like them. It wouldn't make sense to buy one to try and set it up like an oem skid.

Premium Features