• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 800 pro rmk clutch offset

H
Jan 1, 2008
Well after a 6 year break from sledding, I've decided to get back into it with an '11 pro rmk 800. I've read everything i could on the secondary offset, which as I can tell is way off alignment towards the bulkhead. I know I should get the proper alignment tool, but have another concern, when the secondary bolt is removed, and primary is rotated, it will float the secondary to a somewhat centered, relaxed, and aligned position. The concern is, is that position is nearly 1/2 inch away from where it rides with the bolt in. In that relaxed position the stock bolt won't even grab a thread. When everything is bolted up ready to ride, I can place a straightedge along the outside of the secondary fixed sheave, and it will contact the belt before it even gets to the primary. Is there anything else that could be affecting the offset so badly? Engine mounts are good, and the two clutches are parallel. I don't suppose any inner bushing could have slipped on the secondary causing this offset?

Last edited:

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
When you buy used anything is possible. Sounds like either pieces were robbed or the previous owner didn't know the clutch is supposed to float .060" and put a shorter bolt in to tighten it up. I would start by looking at a parts book or microfiche and determine if you have any pieces missing and go from there

H
Jan 1, 2008
Been looking at all the diagrams earlier. From what I can see, I have all the parts in there, and where they're supposed to be. I know another person with an '11 sitting in the garage, might have to wait for the weekend though to get over there and compare.
Just can't figure out what I'm not seeing, can't imagine that's the way these are supposed to be aligned. The clutch sheaves also show no abnormal wear or discoloration.

H
Jan 1, 2008
So I think I've found the 1/2 in offset problem. As was stated earlier by omernikski, buying used is a gamble, no idea what was done to the sled. The primary is date stamped 8/19/02. Different and smaller taper for the old liberty carb engines. I'm guessing that's where I will find that extra 1/2. Just hope no damage was done to the crank, live and learn.

H
Jan 1, 2008
8/19/02. Just pulled this one off, crank seems fine, no ridges where the clutch was sitting. Found another on a sled that's getting parted out. Should be back together tonight. Thanks for your help!

Premium Features