• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$0.00 mod to let a lot of heat out of your sled...

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
Takes about 15 minutes with a hole saw. I did this to my 13 PRO last year and I've gotta say it lets a lot of heat out. No need for the holes to be covered up with any material as the windshield takes care of keeping the bulk of the snow out. The heat wants to rise and this area under the windshield is the top of the chimney. Anyway... I can't see how it hurts anything and can only help get the heat out.

By the way... the photo shows a scratch near one of the top inner holes. It might look like a crack but it's not...

65fb5de5b1136f379e73decbbb4365b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_6051.jpg
    IMG_6051.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
No cracks before of after putting the holes in. What looks like a crack in the photo is a scratch near one of the upper holes. When I was de burring the edges of the hole with a razor it slipped out and scratched the plastic. I've put around 2,000 miles on my 13 that I did this same thing to and it's held up just fine with a number of typical roleovers. The area with the holes is as strong with or without the holes. Anyway... just saying it lets a lot of heat out, and doesn't cost anything.

Last edited:
Premium Features