• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 pro cutting out

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Used to be, just removed it and installed a pro armour tether before this trip.
It was unplugged to isolate that possibility however...

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
My '12 assault had a weird inconsistant bog at one point... hard to recreate it, especially when you were trying to show someone the issue. Turned out it was a broken injector wire that couldn't be seen inside of some casing... only found it by running the motor and shaking around wires while giving it some gas... the dealer ordered me a new harness under warranty. No issues since.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
TPS idle voltage high

Idle voltage is reading 1.945v

Has anyone ever seen that high of idle voltage?

Definitely goin to give me issues, but hopefully it is my problem. Bad TPS im guessing.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It sounds like spark plugs to me. Wasn't sure if it was doing it before new plugs or after you already put them in. Pros and turboes are hard on plugs. Might be something bigger but I have had them act similar and it was plugs.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I did swap plugs after the first day, and the second day it did not act up...

Been checking tps some more, and i keep getting .925v now. Dont know if i caught it in when it was stuck in a "bad" spot earlier or what...

Still gonna sweep the tps, and verify base setting and set idle to spec.

F

fullboredragon

Mar 24, 2009
Change the tps, set it and forget it. Those tps are a PIA, they seem alright when checked then you drive it and the go outa range. I am on my 3rd one now and they updated them, the most recent one is a little different. I was chasing this type of gremlin, and when I changed it she was good to go. Especially if it wont go into reverse, it stinks of tps outa spec. my two cents.

Premium Features