• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for info on polaris 600r engine

B

brent9k

Dec 17, 2007
BOZEMAN, MT
www.attackmotorsports.com
I am trying to find out any info on the 2008-2010 600r engine.

What dose polaris recomend for engine RPM?

Dose anyone know where i can get a dyno chart from?

Did polaris build a race gas head and a pump gas head?

How dose the stock 600r engine compair to a mod full mod 600ho engine?

Dose anyone have a timming chart for the 600r?

thanks
Brent

hdfxst04

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2009
Twin Cities
I was told by akiqpilot on another website 600r motor running 92 octane and timing box dialed down is only a few hp over stock 600ho motor. According to 2009 racer manual dial positions are as follows. a=+3 b=+2 c=+1 d=0 e=-2 f=-3 g=-4. += advanced and -= retarded. Mandatory fuel is 92+ octane for 600r motor. There is no low compression head. I don't know hp numbers for 600r but 600ho is a little over 120.

P
Jul 4, 2010
Horsepower with 93 octane on setting "G" is around 135hp or so. With 98 octane which is the best for stock form on setting "D" will give you about 142hp or so. If you are dealing with a mod motor such as twins, high comp head, ect ect you will see around 160hp. If your not racing i would turn your timing to "G" or "E" and leave it there just to be on the safe side. Unless you feel like running 98 octance on the trail in which you can crank it up. Dont go any higher than the "D" setting though..

These motors when running snocross liked to be leaned out. They come with 450 main jets i believe but i have seen some running as low as 320 and i personally run 380. It all depends on temps, elevation, ect. Best clutch setup ive ridden is the primary gold epi spring with 10-62BB weights. If you are trail converting it you will want to buy a set of trail needles which come out of a pro-x. There is a lean spot when running at certain RPM's and if on the trail this could cause you to blow it. You can buy these needles at jspowersports.com if needed.

Sure theres tons more but cant think of anything else at the moment.

Questions??

S
Jul 29, 2010
timmins ont
Horsepower with 93 octane on setting "G" is around 135hp or so. With 98 octane which is the best for stock form on setting "D" will give you about 142hp or so. If you are dealing with a mod motor such as twins, high comp head, ect ect you will see around 160hp. If your not racing i would turn your timing to "G" or "E" and leave it there just to be on the safe side. Unless you feel like running 98 octance on the trail in which you can crank it up. Dont go any higher than the "D" setting though..

These motors when running snocross liked to be leaned out. They come with 450 main jets i believe but i have seen some running as low as 320 and i personally run 380. It all depends on temps, elevation, ect. Best clutch setup ive ridden is the primary gold epi spring with 10-62BB weights. If you are trail converting it you will want to buy a set of trail needles which come out of a pro-x. There is a lean spot when running at certain RPM's and if on the trail this could cause you to blow it. You can buy these needles at jspowersports.com if needed.

Sure theres tons more but cant think of anything else at the moment.

Questions??
hi there,ok i just bought a 2010 600R i was told to run 92 on setting D that is safe....i thought if you where to advance the timming to A,B or C would give me more HP....then not sure now lol any help would be great

Premium Features