• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr front end q's

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
what front end are the guys with heavier engines in iqr chassies prefering(wc 1200).thinking 39-40 inch stance.what gives minimal steeering effort and less ride height up front.what shocks,make and lenght?

P
Jul 4, 2010
Well the more narrow you go the less stable it will be at high speeds and in corners. A lot of people like either the 45 or 43 inch set up and only the mountain guys really use the 40 inch set up. Dont forget you can move the spacers to get i believe an extra inch to either side.

Also as always with shocks usually the more money you spend the better. If you have the 05-08 front end go with a 17 inch shock to lower the front end an inch. If your going with the holz or zbroz front end you wont need to do this though. I see a lot of people going to the zbroz shocks and even more going to the fox evol x's but both of those are big coin. I actually have a few sets for sale if your interested.

If your only looking to spend $200-$350 on shocks i would go with the fox floats though.

Premium Features