• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt temp on instrument panel

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
If this function works it’s a cool tool, it can help show the effects of clutching or snow condition change, and if you have been shredding it like a boss for a while and your belt is begging for mercy it might save you one or two belts, as well as it could show a mechanical issue starting to occur

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Has anybody looked if there is a sensor on the clutch cover somewhere? Or is it just calculating belt temps off of how you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
No sensor in the clutch cover area on my Alpha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
OK before you get excited, look under hood and see if you have a sensor mounted on belt guard, without that you cant see temps

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, this is strange. My buddies hardcore has a display, but our alpha we just picked up does not... wtf?

Also, for those that don't know, you can toggle between just the bar graphs or the bar with digital number overlays on them. so you can actually see a real temp #. not just a bar.

Last edited:
J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
Only comes on during the first startup. Once you cycle thru it will go away and not come back. There is no sensor. Best guess is it will be a future option. Something new on an otherwise same as the year before sled with bng.

Premium Features