• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Maybe blue?

attachment.php

blue doo.jpg

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i cant picture the skis flopping around:face-icon-small-coo.unless the track is to long and the nose is down in the snow

Carramrod

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2011
Kalispell, MT
I really like the blue and black as well as the green and black someone photoshopped awhile back. Maybe im the only once but i think the all black is lame because everyone seems to want a black sled, the yellow and black is better but those two combos just seem like a stand by colors which equates to laziness. While the new freeride is a little bit of an eye adjustment at least its something different from "normal"

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The 174 3 inch Doo only shines in the powder IMO. Why any would use sled on trails makes no sense.

FYI it snowed in hills around Vegas where the Doo dealer show was held go figure.

DPG

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
are the Polaris Grippers a direct swap to a Doo? or do you have to modify the saddles?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
The truth hurts.......

Feelings............

Need a tissue?

swingin your d!ck pretty hard for a guy with a new chassis coming out that you know nothing about.......and a new engine you know nothing about......a sled you've only seen pictures of. with poo's 800cc track record, i would stay zipper lipped until you know that thing is going to work. i wouldnt want to dub it the 800 H. uggoh. already. one would hope they have been testing this for the past 3+ years and making sure it works......and not just slapping stuff together with poor craftmanship like the first couple years of the pro chassis. then we can bring up belt drives, glued together drive shafts and a arms that were coming apart..........after seeing all that, even as a polaris junky, i would be pretty scared to brag about anything new they come out with. i hope they learned from their mistakes, but you never know.

there are companies that are about quality over quantity, and companies that are about quantity over quality. what is polaris (and i mean everything, 4 wheelers, sxs, sleds, etc)? it will take a true die hard, brain washed, polaris junky to answer that question wrong.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
are the Polaris Grippers a direct swap to a Doo? or do you have to modify the saddles?

can be directly swapped using rubbers from either ski (i just did it in my garage). i just did the swap and will be testing this weekend........so i am in no position to tell you which one works and which one doesnt quite yet. there is more info on this site. search "gripper" in the xm section.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Devil,
I rode my wife's T3 174 down in Alpine and I hated it. Not due to the 174 but do to all the feedback through the bars. No problem with my pro. Obviously everything is harder in the snow we had but the doo just seemed sketchy. Pulling some sidehills it seemed like you could be close to a yard sale at any minute. This is my last big gripe with doo since the T3 seemed to fix some of the woes with their fat body and wide boards and stuffing the front end. Do the grippers fix this? My wife has been complaining and I told her this is the rider forward downfall. All the skis I have tried don't fix it. Everywhere else the sled is awesome.

Yes, 100%. In this crappy snow, my 174 was scaring me a lot, stuffing skis, having to use a ton of input on sidehills, and feeling it all through the bars as you said. I had black marks on my legs from getting thrown into the bars. Grippers tamed the front a ton, they took an hour to get used to, but after that they are great. On a downhill sidehill turn where the stock skis kinda push and wallow, the Grippers make the sled turn much much sharper and head back up, that took some getting used to for sure.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
On higher speed sidehills, I had to have a death grip on the sled with my stock skis, it felt like I was going to death swap and eat poo at any second, with the Grips the confidence is back.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Adjustable limiter is neat....kinda useless, but would be a fun toy
I think it would be a ton of fun on my T3 turbo. I have to have the limiter tight to keep the ski down but playing in the meadows it would be nice to let it out a hole. Has anyone seen a price to upgrade yet?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Adjustable limiter is neat....kinda useless, but would be a fun toy

Considering I've read of people having too much ski lift when climbing, this could work nicely. Hit the trail and let it out so you don't have too much ski pressure. Gimmick...maybe. But so is t-motion and flex-edge really. But they work so maybe this will too.

Premium Features