• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light weight hood xm

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I got a LED light bar on my sled. Works great, uses very little power and it indestructible. Got it from off road rider here on SW. He does the Cyclops lights too. I also have a HID helmet light from him and that is more powerful and much more user friendly. Light where you look not where the bars or sled is pointed. Makes night riding fun. It attaches to the helmet with industrial velcro, powered by batteries I carry in the pack(like a pound or so, really light) or a simple plug he installed on my dash.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
What are you guys with the diamond s hoods doing with the air intake and the tubing that used to believe connected to the upper air box?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What are you guys with the diamond s hoods doing with the air intake and the tubing that used to believe connected to the upper air box?

1174541_646407002044100_354489660_n.jpg

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Here's my version of a XM lightweight hood, not sure what I am doing for the air intake but will probably take air from a couple different places. weight savings is around 11 to 12 lbs. with the gauge installed.

New Hood.jpg New Hood 2.jpg

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Looks great! Is that carbon fiber?[/QUOTE]

Ummm. Ya sure.
No. Its just wrapped in a 3m carbon fibre vinyl. I had full intentions of builing it out of carbon fibre but this one was enough work. Maybe the next version will be CF. The hood itself only weighs just over 2 lbs so not sure its worth the effort to do in CF. Its pretty strong I stood on it and it didn't break or crack.

T
Jan 20, 2009
i got to play with my mountain fit hood and gotta say i am so disappointed with the fit and the fact that it is not much lighter then my stock hood that i decided not to run it and went with my stock hood.

Premium Features