• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK'S "THE FIX KIT" FOR Polaris 800 PRO's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
can you link to it? i didn't see where i was listed on your website. all is see is the one for the cfi-4's. didn't realize there was a similar issue with the pro's as there was with the dragons? sure haven't heard of too many.

pv

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
was unaware my '12 Assault needed to a fix already. thought this "fix" was for the CFI-4s...?

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I didn't hear of one '11 that had an issue similar to the '08-'10....can't say I've heard of any engines going down either....

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
No issues with my 11.

Just for piece of mind I bought the 5 year warranty so I am pre-fixed

YEAH THATS WHAT THE D8 GUYS SAID NOW THEY ARE BITCHIN AND MOAN'IN BECAUSE ITS COMEING OUT OF THERE OWN POCKETS NOW. I dont think theres enough pros out yet to see the flaws hopefully not but we will see by jan.

Iam sure glad your warrantie pays for your fuel,hotel,time, wear and tear on your vehical, your buddies sled towing you out, the worst part is that you wasted a trip that you've waited months for that you took time off for work. Sounds really cool to they must have really good warrantie these days after the d8's.

Go ahead give me negative feedback when i told the d8 guys this very same thing -,-,-,- comments whos getting the last laugh now oops feel sorry for you guys now. I ride a polaris IMO they have the best chassis on the planet "we" gotta take a stand against polaris i understand nobody can be perfect but c'mon this polaris engine issue is just plain stupid the combustion engine has been around for many moons and us as a consumer keep buying there product keeping them in buisness.

2xm3 on here found the problem some special spacer and pistons is not the cure, the perfect piston the cylinder clearence and having cylinders that dont turn into an oval when hot is the fix.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
then I guess I'll pay attention to my engine and if it burns down i'll try to figure out the issue and fix it then.

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
yes, please explain why the CFI-2 would need a "fix"? And a review of what it does for the CFI-4. I know they had sloppy pistons, but what does the shimming do?

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
I just made the switch from cat. Wasnt aware that there was a problem.Can someone get me up to par real quick without spending hours of researching old threads?? So what does this do for the compression? How thick is the shim? Fueling adjustments, etc? Thanks in advance.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
wholy crap that's a thick shim pmspolaris. You need to do alot more explaining here to sell people on your kits. And why does the pro need it? And 440 dart, you flap your gums every year about how you have warned everyone about the dragon mts and noone listens. Maybe it's because you are only 24 and should be spending more time in school or reading books than saying the same thing over and over on snow west.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
The Fix Kit uses different pistons to change the side loading on the skirts.
Doesn't change the compression or timing on the ports.
They haven't had any motors go down after doing the fix.
It is a proven FIX for the CFI 4 800 Polaris Motors.

No more beer can pistons rattling up and down sprinkler pipe cylinders.
Don't jump up and down crying foul til you've researched it. It works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M
Nov 28, 2007
or
tons of pros out there, many with over 2,000 miles and not a problem, mine included. pretty impressive run especially for the first year of a totally new sled. my hats off to polaris for building the next generation of sleds and doing it right the first time!!!

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
There are alot of 2011 Pro's out there. Only a few engine problems that I heard of. From what I understand, the Pro was the best selling sled in 2011.

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
Woooha Were sorry we didn't wanna cause any hard feelings!

We think the Pro is the best sled ever built. We really did not want to cause any hard feelings or try to get anybody upset. The fix kit is the original name for the fix for the 08 to 10 dragons. MTNTK has sold some kits for the pros and people have been asking because it has been such a god send for the D8. The fix kit name was just so people could recognize that the pro kit was a similar kit. if you're not having any issues with your pro great. We hope you don't. We know a lot of people who have many miles on their D8's, and have not burnt down. We know a whole lot more that have. If you have any issues or want to explore our reasons for selling this for the pro please feel free to contact mountain tek for more information. mtntkdyno@gmail.com

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
wholy crap that's a thick shim pmspolaris. You need to do alot more explaining here to sell people on your kits. And why does the pro need it? And 440 dart, you flap your gums every year about how you have warned everyone about the dragon mts and noone listens. Maybe it's because you are only 24 and should be spending more time in school or reading books than saying the same thing over and over on snow west.

I guess you have to be old to know anything right? Typical statement from YOUR generation. I was just skimming the thread, didn't even read 440 darts post but really don't care. Age has nothing to do with Knowledge all the guys i work with are 40+ and they are the biggest group of know nothings i have ever met, with the same attitude. There are plenty of people who are young that are smarter then you me and everyone else on this forum who are rich. The the whole ahhh shut you're mouth you big pill of monkey nuts you don't know nothing you just a kid!!!!....pretty old.

Premium Features