• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp heads

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
i bought an rmk 900 from a buddy who did allot of after market stuff to it...
question

hes running after market slp heads... HC i assume, do i have to run higher octane gas? higher than 87?

also the carb boots read many things about them cracking.. where do they usually crack.. is it a "you can't miss it" sort of a thing or smaller hard to find.

Last edited:
R

RMKrick

Jan 22, 2010
Wonewoc,Wi.
Just looked at mine and unde the y pipe i could see the crack. When i took it off i noticed cracks around the nipples on the sides also. They wherent threw though thank god...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
you SHOULD only run 91 pump gas in any sled, streetbike, dirt bike, ect ect...unless your running nitrous, turbo, big bore...87 octane can lead to DET and knocking...not worth running anything less then 91 IMO.

but to answer your question, SLP heads do not need a special fuel..but 91 is best no matter what head your using in a stock engine..

the throttle boots are easy to see mounted on the engine...take a flash light and look on the top and sides...if you see ANY cracking at all, pull them and inspect...and youlll see more up close or its just the begining.

Premium Features