• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo for cat 18 up ???

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The ad for the kit said “pull and go”. That always makes me laugh. I wonder how many are actually pull and go for a season of hard riding?. I’ve NEVER SEEN THAT. I’ve seen some great running turbo sleds but they sure seem to take a guy with experience with turbos and some mechanical ability to not cost days, weeks or even a season of riding. So many times guys screw up the install, run dif octane than recommended, have bad clutching or the actual stock components of the sled are broken and they think it has to be the turbo and on and on. At the elevations I mainly ride at stock or a big bore kit has been great. Both of my sleds this year will be stock except for shocks and maybe bumpers.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
The ad for the kit said “pull and go”. That always makes me laugh. I wonder how many are actually pull and go for a season of hard riding?. I’ve NEVER SEEN THAT. I’ve seen some great running turbo sleds but they sure seem to take a guy with experience with turbos and some mechanical ability to not cost days, weeks or even a season of riding. So many times guys screw up the install, run dif octane than recommended, have bad clutching or the actual stock components of the sled are broken and they think it has to be the turbo and on and on. At the elevations I mainly ride at stock or a big bore kit has been great. Both of my sleds this year will be stock except for shocks and maybe bumpers.

What elevation you ride at? Were usually at 8500-11000 so it will be nice to have 190hp instead of 120 on our 800s.

Last edited:
U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011

I can honestly say after installing my Silber kit on my 2016 axys it truly was a pull and go sled. I tried to run about 1/3 100ll premium mix and other then a a couple primary spring breaks and a intermittent throttle safety switch both of which are Polaris problems. I had three seasons of crisp trouble free turbo fun

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Would be great to hear some testing reports on the silber ctec2 when you lucky bastards in the mountains start riding... Thanks y’all!

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I can honestly say after installing my Silber kit on my 2016 axys it truly was a pull and go sled. I tried to run about 1/3 100ll premium mix and other then a a couple primary spring breaks and a intermittent throttle safety switch both of which are Polaris problems. I had three seasons of crisp trouble free turbo fun

This was my exact experience. It was truly a pull and go set up. Only thing I did was adjust boost and clutch weights. I also sent my ecu out for the latest flash from silber and they shipped it back on their dime within a cpl days. Which is why I snowchecked another silber for my 2019. I would recommend them to anyone looking

N
Oct 15, 2018
Are you guys buying your kits directly from Silber or going through a dealer and what’s the benefit of each route?

Anybody know of a dealer near Northern California?

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
If anybody had a silber re flash up to this point check to see if you have reverse! the new bar controls didn't make the map in 2019..

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I'm waiting on my ECU right now for that very reason. Hopefully that's resolved sooner than later.
A bigger issue is the lack of delivery on snow check kits. Guys at snow shows are getting theirs and guys who pre season ordered are still waiting. Talk about messed up.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Is this all 19 arctic cats reflashed for silber turbo? Or just a handful? Is the reflash app done yet?

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I dont have a secondary clutch tool but need to change out the spring. Anyone have recommendations on how to do that without the compression tool

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I dont have a secondary clutch tool but need to change out the spring. Anyone have recommendations on how to do that without the compression tool

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
All-thread and nuts and washers/bars with holes to keep it from flying apart. Quick little shop fab adventure and your good to go.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
as far as I know all 19 flashed up to this point. the cord and app or ready and for sale on their site.

Talked to Justin at the salt lake snow show. Although the hardware is available , he said the app isn’t currently working and if you buy a kit you still need a dealer to flash your ECU.

BTW, my reverse works fine.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
did he make the program upgrade? if your reverse works he must have as my ecu was flashed Aug and no reverse....

Premium Features