• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 patriot clutch weights (ramps)

J
Feb 27, 2018
Shopping for ajustable ramps for my snow check and was interested by the BMP Goldstar’s
Does somebody now if there will be a specific product for the 850s or the 58 to 81 grams will be ok ?

http://bikemanperformance.com/bmp-goldstar-adjustable-arctic-cat-clutch-weights.html

goldstar2.jpg

ac-t-series-weights_web_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
J
Feb 27, 2018
I had the goldstars in my 16 SKS. The bushings they use in them are junk and were worn out in about 250 miles. I used MDS clutching with their weights after that and I never had anymore issues.

Good to know! Tanks!!
Have you had any feedback on the SLP’s?

( https://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=17&productID=3281 )

But they only go to 72.8 grams. I think this will not be sufficient for low elevation on the 850. Hearing + 4 grams compared to the 800 for same applications.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I run the slp magnums in my 11 rmk 800 at 2200'. I have some room left for weight. I am clutched and powered similar to an 850.

40-150.jpg

SLP Magnum force Link. CLICK HERE

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Im going to ride mine stock first year then go from there when there is clutch kit offered will make that decision with balancing the Clutches. My 13 was and is a very impressive sled in stock form. Tried many pipe and can combos on a 14 like mine but was not impressed with any aftermarket stuff other than clutching. I dont ride low elevation so it will be clutched at 8 to 10.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Honestly, the OEM clutching has always been pretty dang good. Talk to dealer, get elevation chart, run the OEM weights. So little experience at this point aftermarket is sort of using educated guesses on what they need. Factory is really the only one with legit real world calibration time.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
Ran those gold stars and the profile is to flat. You add tons of weight and go no where.
Not for us fast trail and racers that’s for sure

Dalton qap weights are almost identical with 10 series profile with set screw style . That’s the best for easy change on trail we’re u don’t even have to take belt off

J
Feb 27, 2018
Sent a email to SLP
Fast and compete response!

Hello,
We are working on a special Magnum Force weight for the 850. It does have a power curve that is different than other engines so it needed a special one.
Being a new model the products take a little time to get ready but we should have things well in line near riding season.

Last edited:
Premium Features