• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

In-Helmet radios with Midland / Rino / others.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I wonder if someone makes a bluetooth radio that have a bluetooth PTT button. Mount the PTT to the handlebars....... That would be the ticket

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I use a $20 motorola mic, strapped to my back pack, plugged in to my rino 650 in my back pack.
Looks like the pic above from firecat.

HenryTheHammer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
that is alot of work there....what I use is a mic\speaker with the radio in my pack I can hear as i ride and also talk as i ride....this set up works!!!!!

hmkbag028.jpg

I do the same, but my mic has a port for ear pieces so I have flat helmet speakers inside my helmet that runs down to the port. That way I can always here someone talking.

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
We use the Sena 20 radios in our helmets. Major upgrade to riding when you can chat with your buddies all day without taking your helmet off. It takes a bit to find the right spot to minimize wind noise. You can also jam music via Bluetooth.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I just upgraded my Motorola w/ headsets to the PacTalk Slim. No wires, Mesh intercom. been using them riding single-track with much success. They are voice activated and even do voice commands. Range in the thick trees is only a few hundred yards so we still have out chest mounted Motorola. but now we can talk while riding without letting go of the controls and there are no wires. And music is a plus too. Been thinking about pairing these with the new T800 Motorola radios. They are 35 mile range with bluetooth. With a bar mounted push to talk and the radio in my bar bag there would be no wires and a long range. Ill update this after we test them out!

Premium Features