• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with BCA link radio

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Could it be the PIDD gauge that is setting off the interference? I just bought a 17 snocheck with this gauge. I also have the bca radio. Im going up tues the 29. Ill test my radio also.

On my '16 with the basic gauge I had bad interference. As soon as the sled went above idle, the radio squawked. Constantly. I ended up shutting it off unless I needed to talk to someone. Just my BCA though, my Rino never has had an issue.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
All the Poo's in my group make my bca radio freak out
perfectly quiet when they are not around
My cheap midlands radios had no problem with the Poo's
So I'm going to blame Poo and BCA

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Have an axys, have used my bca radio 30+ times and nothing until my last ride. I don't know why.

Eagle5150

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Just rode in Togwotee with BCA Links. Our guide, had us switch to Channel 6, Privacy 7. He said the Axys make the radios squeal on other channels. Rode three days, no problems...

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
A couple of things that might help.... Check the ground straps that should be from engine to chasis. If there is none, install one. Make sure the ignition coil, ecm and gauges are well grounded.
And the simplest, try setting a subaudible tone (sub channel) on your radio. Everyone in your group will have to do the same or you won't hear them. Try different channels and different tones.
Read the wiki article titled CTCSS, to gain an understanding of subaudible tones and what to expect.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features