• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 XM etec HPS can

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I have taken a stock can apart to see how they are made. I really don't think they are made in such a way to have consistent hp numbers either. As any high production piece, including the pipe.
We used to throw identical sleds on the dyno and get 5-10 hp differences. Just a thought.

D

Darren400

Aug 19, 2011
Is this code for the temp,sensor in the muffler? I have had one of those replaced and seen many others replaced, even with the stock suitcase.

Not sure Paul, I think it just came up muffler, check engine light came on and temp light, and seemed to miss a bit. Happend about 3 times and I turned it off and started it back up it would go away for awhile. When I rode out it didn't happen again?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My dealer was telling me that there is a brand new update to address a computer issue (running cold) that was throwing this sensor overheat code. Not super clear on it but it was separate from the break in update. Might be worh a call to dealer

G

gorilla

Feb 9, 2012
middle of no where
My dealer was telling me that there is a brand new update to address a computer issue (running cold) that was throwing this sensor overheat code. Not super clear on it but it was separate from the break in update. Might be worh a call to dealer

Well, this makes total sense. We went riding when it was -2F and my wife's sled was throwig that code. There is NO WAY the can or pipe was overheating, everything was still cool-ish to the touch (pipe and can). Never thought that the computer was too cold. It uses fuel to cool it and the fuel was -2F since it sat outside all night. I rode it for a little while and really varied the throttle a ton, getting some extra heat into the motor, and the code never came back.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah. He said they just got the update the other day from Doo. He double checked my snowcheck i picked up yesterday and loaded her up. Ill install my HPS tonight.

Premium Features