• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Bore myths DEBUNKED

K

KMCP

Nov 1, 2013
CO
Good point Winter Brew... There are hundreds of websites in this world that have site pages dedicated showing comparisons between their own products and competitive offerings, brand A, brand B, even comparison videos like the CanAm site comparing the RZR to the Maverick and so on.... Happens every day in the world outside of sleds.

In the end, consumers are smart, have lots of ways to research and will decide based on their personal needs and preferences... We're lucky to have good choices and builders to choose from IMO.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Nah this can't be right. Internets said right here you can't big bore an etec...........

Umm.....wait a minute...... That's like...... Myth busters from hell isn't it.

Not that I have a horse in this race, or really care, but this thread is running a bit short on how things really are.

Reality is that while masses said it couldn't be done, Dave was making etec big bores.

For any builder who showed up late to the party, well.........

I'm glad there are choices. Would be boring otherwise

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
Obamas plan is to regulate future performance in all BB motors to assure no one will summit,,,

One thing comes to mind when I see that name....deception and fraud!! but I'm going to stop right there on that topic as I don't want my blood pressure to rise before I hit the sack.:mad2:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
The reason Daves 860/880s failed is directly related too the pistons he used...factory CAT/Wiseizco...

Then he made his own better piston and calls it the 872...

WHAT if I/SHR use a BETTER 860/880 piston to solve any/all issues?

Does that mean Daves OLD issues still exist??

As for NOT doing an ETEC BB ASAP I wanted too see if DOO could make it run first VS BBing a gremlin filled motor...heck SKIDOO couldn't make one run on the grass for Hay Days soooo?? SKIDOO CANT change the ECU sooo? according to SKIDOO with the EPA fueling there was no window for mods soooo?

Kudos to Dave for being the guinea pig (been there done that in 1995 670 turbo, 1997 670/740, 1998 670HO/740DPM, 2003 800/830, 2004 800/840, 2005 800/840PTEK, 2007 800R/860R, 2008/860R XP, 2009 XM1200 turbo, 2011 800/880R, 2012 800/860ETEC, 2013 800/880 ETEC this aint MY first rodeo either)...so I waited a year to make sure it was WORTH DOOing SAFELY for you guys...and I'm a bad guy??:face-icon-small-con

As for the Website?? I don't care what Chevy/Ford say and do, IN THIS CONTEXT he is clearly THE ONLY ONE knocking every other motor builder...if that's your sales pitch?? so be it...then don't piss and moan or send your attack minions when you get called out...

Its like a room full of OBAMMA supporters...drink your kool aid and attack the opposition...:gossip::typing::argue::gossip::typing::argue::gossip::typing::argue:

The funny thing is...MY phone has been ringing OFF THE HOOK...thanks Machster :lips: BJ

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BJ, Quit feeding the trolls and go get my SLED!!! Fawksakes.. :face-icon-small-ton:frusty:

French Canadian work ethic, it's almost Thanksgiving, maybe we should get some of these sleds built since most people have been riding for a month now...

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
No kidding already. I've never seen any good come out of any vendor feeding the trolls on this or any site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100% newmy1... and hope some would get the hint...but I will not sit idle while getting attacked by ANYONE...

Its an open forum and you get your opinion...every one has one...and that's fine...

BUT to out and out attack?

I'm your Huckleberry...BJ:face-icon-small-coo

M
Dec 10, 2007
BC
A few years ago I stopped coming to Snowest for this exact reason... Seems like every single thread turns into a total Pi$$sing match. Its just as bad as thumpertalk! (I asked about some info on my YZ450F and had 9 guys tell me I didn't know how to ride, before I had 1 person with any useful info:crazy:)

BJ, your stuff rocks and the people who are actually doing their research know this. My 860 impresses me every time I ride it, and has been totally bombproof, and I know many others who are very happy as well. I have limited experience with Bikeman or Trygstad but I'm sure there stuff runs good, too.

Last edited:
I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Did someone say BB Shootout? ..........................

th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JGpajGj07BU

Premium Features