• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What video editor to use???

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Been using windows movie maker and i am sick of this junk program. It quits randomly on my computer all the time and adds things and messes up my videos when i go to put them on youtube. What other program can i use that is a little better?

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
I use Final Cut Pro 10. Expensive but it has cool features. Once you put the videos in the library it's easy to cut videos up and add them into the time line.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Sony Vegas 10 works pretty good. It is WAY to powerful for just a random edit job, but once you get the hang of it, it is awesome.

Kind of pricey. but....

Thunder

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
I have been enjoying the GoPro editing software they put out free. Its doing what I need it to do.

T
Mar 12, 2014
I prefer sony vegas pro rather than adobe premiere pro.It's very cool,occupies less space on the hard drive,variety of preview options and the key framing of vegas pro was very good,I like it very much and I heard that adobe premiere was most commonly used software by professionals but I hate adobe premiere pro......what I am saying is find which one is comfort for you, I use to check different softwares one after one and work on them and I finally found vegas pro is the best video editing software for me.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
If you own an Ipad or anything apple for that matter

imovie on a ipad...very simple only drawback is you'll need a ipad mini or the newest ipad as of today to be able to speed up video
my ipad 4th gen I think (first ipad with the lightning charge plug) cant speed up the video does everything else great and is very simple to use and actually can do quite a bit for a $4.99 app you'll also need the $20 sd card to ipad adapter (camera adapter) make sure you buy the real one not the ebay china ones.
Both these videos were made with it with the original gopro hd in 720 60fps

Last edited:
M
Apr 9, 2014
Important is for what you need program, because if you use it for some simple stuff then better don't buy anything when you have a lot free to download.

My suggestion is Cinefx Jahshaka. Google it :)

B
Nov 4, 2014
Whatever you want to do in your video files, video editor can always provide you with multiple features such as converting, cutting, merging, texting, sharing or more to satisfy your need and make your original video unique.

Here is an instruction on how to start working with video editor:
Step 1. Download and install Video Editor
Step 2. Launch video editor and load your video
2.1 Press Import Media Files to select the needed video files
2.2 Click Capture from Camera to load the photos from you camera
2.3 Choose Capture Screen to apply the video recording of you desktop
Step 3. Add your video to the Timelind
Step 4. Proceed to add transitions, apply different effects, lay text and so forth

Video editor is an easy-to-use as well as trendy software which enables you to produce your own special videos. Some video editor coupons and promo codes are here.

N
Mar 31, 2016
Whatever you want to do in your video files, video editor can always provide you with multiple features such as converting, cutting, merging, texting, sharing or more to satisfy your need and make your original video unique.

Here is an instruction on how to start working with video editor:
Step 1. Download and install Video Editor
Step 2. Launch video editor and load your video
2.1 Press Import Media Files to select the needed video files
2.2 Click Capture from Camera to load the photos from you camera
2.3 Choose Capture Screen to apply the video recording of you desktop
Step 3. Add your video to the Timelind
Step 4. Proceed to add transitions, apply different effects, lay text and so forth

Video editor is an easy-to-use as well as trendy software which enables you to produce your own special videos. Some video editor coupons and promo codes are here.

Wow,that's a really detailed tutorial for most of video editing software out there..Thanks! And I know some video editor don't support all media files and you may use some free video converting tool to solve this problem :)

J
Jun 13, 2018
I use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing my videos. It's a quicker process and I know how to use it.
But I use the Adobe programs because I use a lot of the other ones for various things anyway.
Pretty sure they charge us Aussies and New Zealanders through the roof as well, unless that has changed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing my videos. It's a quicker process and I know how to use it.
But I use the Adobe programs because I use a lot of the other ones for various things anyway.
Pretty sure they charge us Aussies and New Zealanders through the roof as well, unless that has changed.

Adobe Premiere Pro is arguably one of the Best and MOST powerful, but also has a STEEP LEARNING CURVE and a significant cost.

But if you KNOW how to use it, its as good as it gets

X
Mar 12, 2018
Davinci Resolve is FREE.

it will do just about anything you could imagine. its a massive program and there is a learning curve, so your gonna spend some time figuring things out, but there's tons of info out there on it

Premium Features