• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 Powder Special 500

J
Jan 12, 2009
This is my first post, so please be patient. I am looking for an electric starter kit for my kids sled. I have talked to my dealer, and Cat no longer offers one. I am looking for any sugestions. Thanks

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Didn't think anyone made a kit for these that year. 97 you could because you had the onboard battery for the EFI system but they went batteryless in 98 with the redesign of the Powder Specials and ZR's. Powder Extreme and Cougar had batteries and electric start option on them. I tried a search on the web and found nothing. Ebay has them for other models and they run $250-$400. Don't know how old your son is but shouldn't be too difficult for him to start. Just tell him the first pull doesn't need to be a hard pull as that usually charges the electical and the second pull starts it. My 00 600efi only required to pull the cord about a foot each pull and started second pull each time. I rember pull starting the old Skiroule 440 when I was 7-15yrs old. She was a bear to pull even in high school and would still not want to have to pull that thing.

J
Jan 12, 2009
Thanks for the info. My kid is a 8 year old Girl, she loves to sled, but is about 60lbs. of cowgirl. I have been trying to tuffin her up, but no luck yet. Thank You

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Try sending highmark18 on here a pm. He may be able to help u out in getting one. Look on ebay too, there on once in awhile. Good Luck!

Sprocket

Premium Features