• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best front bumper for 18 summit sp

bighillm7

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
Central Iowa
I bought a 18 summit sp the end of the season last spring. I got one trip on it. I am looking for a front bumper for it. I am leaning towards B&M. Is there something else I should be looking at? Also are the rail braces and moudule braces a must have? TIA

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I like BM Fab.

To me they are all stronger and you hope they break correctly before something else breaks but there really is no saying which bumper will for sure do that without any evidence.

One thing to keep in mind, if you get stuck a lot, or pull on the bumper often, make sure you get something that doesn't cut into your fingers especially when it might be awkward to grab. BM Fab is good for this but the skinz one doesn't look as comfortable to grab. I would also look into Backwoods BMP.

Another plus to the BM Fab bumper is I think you can get it to work with the Ski-doo extreme skid plate with a little finesse

E
Jan 17, 2018
Almost impossible decide especially if you want a skid plate...because then there are almost zero options.

The skinz and Bm look the best to me

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
B&m or Skinz. Skinz got my vote because they do look a bit nicer. B&m probably has a bit better quality....

Premium Features