• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kid got invited to X games Snow Bike/Bike Cross

A
Feb 28, 2008
Alright guys I don't post much on here as I am from southern MN and don't make it out to the mountains much anymore. My son Seth Fischer got invited to the X games and I need all the help I can get as the games are in Aspen and we have zero time on this thing. We r running a 15 Yamaha YZF450 with the Camso kit. I haven't even started putting it together but my question is what mods/aftermarket parts make the best horsepower? Any info is greatly appreciated.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
congrats on the invite to the X games.Search function is your friend as i dont have a yammy.
come on guys and gals any advice for this dad to help him out!:face-icon-small-coo

A
Oct 4, 2016
Lewiston ID
Really? You can get invited to xgames and not have a clue how to mod a machine? So much so that your Dad seeks advice on the internet public forum? Should be an interesting group of 'pros' in snowbiking.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Gytr head, tuner, fmf exhaust system, and vp mr85 fuel would be a good start. Yz already has good power, but your boy is going to be in a uphill drag race against some other heavily modified bikes. I hear the CAMSO hooks up good, but suspension is fairly simple. If it was me I would be testing and trying to make sure that shock is gonna survive, and more importantly, gonna be safe for jumps at speed. I'm excited to see what xgames does for track. Hillcross is a cool format for sleds, bikes I think should race down the track instead of up.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Give us a call here at Rocky Mountain Snow MX. We can help. We have been setting up snow bikes here in Colorado for 4 years now, and we love Yamaha's!!!

A
Feb 28, 2008
Really? You can get invited to xgames and not have a clue how to mod a machine? So much so that your Dad seeks advice on the internet public forum? Should be an interesting group of 'pros' in snowbiking.

To your comment-We borrowed a bike to run the qualifier on a whim, he had only ridden it twice before the race and posted the third fastest lap in morning qualifying. We have lots of motocross background and I can mod a bike thank you. I have no experience at high elevation that is what I am asking for help with from people who are using them already in the mountains.

A
Feb 28, 2008
Gytr head, tuner, fmf exhaust system, and vp mr85 fuel would be a good start. Yz already has good power, but your boy is going to be in a uphill drag race against some other heavily modified bikes. I hear the CAMSO hooks up good, but suspension is fairly simple. If it was me I would be testing and trying to make sure that shock is gonna survive, and more importantly, gonna be safe for jumps at speed. I'm excited to see what xgames does for track. Hillcross is a cool format for sleds, bikes I think should race down the track instead of up.

Thank you for your advice.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
Might be worth talking to Raze as they've been helping Renner and Reagan with tunning and a few other guys. They seem to have a good bit of knowledge on what works ECU wise. Good luck, seems to be they have some guys that are taking to the kits pretty good. I don't think Hakker has ever been on one till recent and he looks quick.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Open mouth change feet.

A
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks to all who have thrown there advice out there!! Toby helped me out with some great advice and sent me in the Raze Motorsports direction. Chris helped me with some ideas that we were able to get figured out and he is now testing out west!!
Thanks again guys!!

Last edited:
A
Feb 28, 2008
Yes, 8th is correct. Once again thanks very much to all who gave me advice and imput!!! Was quite the experience and learned some things. We'll see if they bring the snow bikes back next year.

Premium Features