• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Vest? Avi, BCA or Snowpulse

S
Mar 3, 2014
wa
I have the wary avi vest, and I really like it. I'm 6'4" 220# and it will adjust to larger than I need it to go. I also heat up quick and sweat pretty bad, and with any vest that will only be worse. I try to ride with only as much on my upper to half so I don't freeze. Ride a little cold for the trail, so when I get off trail I'll warm up. I have another layer or two stuffed so I cab layer up if I do get cold. I like the wary because it has some tek protection built in, good storage, shovel, probe, etc...what I don't like is they are out of business so no future customer support. It is also compressed air that can be filled at paintball and scuba shops for only a few $, vs the exchange program that the nitrogen canisters use for roughly $50.

Sorry I have no experience with any of the vests you listed.

Last edited:
S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I have the BCA and like the vest but it comes unzipped. I really like the features of the vest so I put silicone on the zipper and will try just to put it on and off over head without using the zipper.

m7extreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Get the bca mtn vest

In also have the bca mtn vest. Mine does come unzipped a little during riding, but only a couple inches. I would recommend them to guys of any size. I'm 300lbs and my buddy is 150lbs and we wear the same vest with zero complaints. Plus our beacons and bca link radios integrate rigt into the vest. It's a great avy pack, I'll never go back to a regular back pack

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've owned non-air bag packs. They are fine.

I've owned BCA Float Throttle 22, Float 32 and a Mtn Pro Float.

Best vest I've had so far is the BCA Mountain Pro Float by far.

Yeah, I'm always tugging at the zipper, but it never drops more than an inch or two.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
I like the bca mtn pro float
Has a built in tek vest
Like the beacon pocket
Fits great, more comfy than a pack.
Im 6'1 175lbs
The only cons
After riding all day tek vest gets a little close to my neck
And the storage is on the small side.. They should make it with external shovel attachment
You Have to purchase that seperately.. And it is needed if you carry a shovel in/on the pack

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I like the bca mtn pro float
Has a built in tek vest
Like the beacon pocket
Fits great, more comfy than a pack.
Im 6'1 175lbs
The only cons
After riding all day tek vest gets a little close to my neck
And the storage is on the small side.. They should make it with external shovel attachment
You Have to purchase that seperately.. And it is needed if you carry a shovel in/on the pack

Well you don't HAVE to carry the shovel externally.
Both the handle and scoop do fit inside the bag.

M
Feb 26, 2016
I just bought my first avy bag ,the BCA Float 25 Turbo about 2 weeks ago except i havent tried it out yet. It seems to fit nicely and not bad for wieght. It has internal and external shovel holder, seems to have a decent room for the rest of my stuff for the day.

It says it was made for sledders by sledders so I went with it. Wish i could be a bit more help, once i get out with it I can post more.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Well you don't HAVE to carry the shovel externally.
Both the handle and scoop do fit inside the bag.

I cant fit my extra googles in the backpack with the shovel at same time.. would have to jam them in..

I dont carry a lot in the pack..
t-paper, gloves, probe, goggles

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Just get the external shovel pocket and save the headache if you have the bca vest. Really not a big deal. I like mine a lot. I've taken a few dives with it but haven't really hit anything hard with it yet. It has a little less protection i think then my tekvest, but I'm content with the level of protection for mountain riding.

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
SNOWPULSE,only way to go, fits nice & bottle won't leak down like bca,& not out of business like wary

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Been wearing the SNOWPULSE HIGHMARK for a couple years now.
Been very happy with it thus far.

Highmark22_collage.png

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I have the BCA float mtn pro vest and love it, the storage is maybe a tad small but I was able to get the essentials (shovel, probe, fire starter, rope etc) to fit in the vest plus a few extras, everything else I used to carry in my regular backpack fit in my tunnel bag. I like how the radio and beacon integrate into the pack/vest it is nice to just put in one piece and be done not 4 different pieces . It fits good and is comfortable, no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
The new BCA vest this year has a clip at the top to hold the zipper up so they fixed that issue. The shovel is designed to fit inside the vest as well as many other survival, and other overnight needs food and tools and lighters.. BCA stands behind their products very well "IF" your bottle leaks down then there is an issue which is usually a very easy to fix under warranty usually..

We sell both BCA, and Snowpulse Both of them are great products! What you buy usually depends on the fit!!:juggle:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
JUST got my new BCA Vest a couple days ago.
Decided I wanted to wear a protective vest this year after having gone over the handlebars just a couple times too many!

Will be fun to see how it fits/wears compared to my Snowpulse.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The new BCA vest this year has a clip at the top to hold the zipper up so they fixed that issue. The shovel is designed to fit inside the vest as well as many other survival, and other overnight needs food and tools and lighters.. BCA stands behind their products very well "IF" your bottle leaks down then there is an issue which is usually a very easy to fix under warranty usually..

We sell both BCA, and Snowpulse Both of them are great products! What you buy usually depends on the fit!!:juggle:

I need to call them to see about retro-fitting mine.

Premium Features