• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elkford, Cranbrook, or Fernie

T
Know you guys are not going to give up the best secret spots, but which one would be the best if we only had 2 full days ride? Late December or early January. Not into trails, like the trees and hills. Thanks :yo:

Dragontex

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
Fernie would give you a good choice between trees and hills. From what I have ridden in Elkford there is lots of hills but not much for tree riding. Cranbrook has a good selection of both too. Either of those would be good. I would just watch the snow conditions then choose.

Throttle-Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
www.leekseeker.com
Fernie

I live in south west Alberta and Fernie is only about 2hrs for me and go there a ton. Fernie gets fantastic snow, at times more than Golden and Revy. Fernie is a fair sized town with great hotels. Lots of skiers in the area with the ski resort. There are several areas to ride around Fernie and they have a good grooming program there as well. Fernie snowmobile club has a website with locations and directions. I usually ride Morrisey area, about 15 minutes west of town on Hwy#3. There is a cat-ski operation in the same area and they run their groomers on the same trails as you sled on so the trails are ALWAYS groomed!!! There is a warm up cabin there aswell, which is next to the pipeline and the rolling hills. LOTS of everything for every rider. Great trees to run in the rolling hills and steep hills at the end of the pipe line.

I have ridden Cranbrook as well and its good too, but its about another two hrs for me to go. If I am gonna drive that far, I will make the trek to Golden or Revy....
Hope this helps...

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I live in south west Alberta and Fernie is only about 2hrs for me and go there a ton. Fernie gets fantastic snow, at times more than Golden and Revy. Fernie is a fair sized town with great hotels. Lots of skiers in the area with the ski resort. There are several areas to ride around Fernie and they have a good grooming program there as well. Fernie snowmobile club has a website with locations and directions. I usually ride Morrisey area, about 15 minutes west of town on Hwy#3. There is a cat-ski operation in the same area and they run their groomers on the same trails as you sled on so the trails are ALWAYS groomed!!! There is a warm up cabin there aswell, which is next to the pipeline and the rolling hills. LOTS of everything for every rider. Great trees to run in the rolling hills and steep hills at the end of the pipe line.

I have ridden Cranbrook as well and its good too, but its about another two hrs for me to go. If I am gonna drive that far, I will make the trek to Golden or Revy....
Hope this helps...

morrisey is shut down once again this winter for logging.

Premium Features