• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 nose cone/bumper/air dam help needed

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
I bought an 07 600 RMk with the front "air dam" removed due to work being done on A-arms. It was one piece aluminum with "fabric" on it and the hood hinge cables. It was damaged, so I ordered a new one on-line.

It came yesterday and is all plastic with some foil on it. It has round cut outs which I assume must be newer version for the "bumper"

Looks like the new plastic "air dam" will fit, but without the whole bumper set up, it seems to be much weaker than the aluminum version it replaced.

Without buying the whole newer bumper setup, does anyone have advice or have replaced their AL one with a plastic one?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I have an 07 700 with the same aluminum shield with fabric on it (I had to remove and re-install when I installed a Skinz bumper). I think it was left over parts from the previous years 755 and 900 sleds that had a radiator underneath. I don't think it really serves a purpose anymore other than cosmetics or to prevent snow from coming into the engine compartment from the empty cavity underneath. The entire front end plastics are disappointing, but the Skinz bumper has protected them from any damage for 4 seasons now.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I have two of these sitting in the garage left over from doing two 09 front end update conversions. I also have a complete 09 front end kit I might be willing to part with.

If interested PM me I'm in Puyallup.

Ken

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
I already have the newer plastic one, and returning it will cost me since it was a great deal on line. It seemed the AL one would add a little more strength to the very week front end. Guess I will be going the new bumper route.

Premium Features