• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

customer service wont talk about snowmobiles

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
cant sue anybody if its past warranty.id do the cheap dealer fix and sell that pos asap.

can sue after warrenty

Can sue after warrenty because it is a faulty product. And if polaris wants to hide behind dealer, why would dealer tell me to start calling polaris. Also Why cant Polaris at least explain why? What i really wish is that they would reimburse me for all the beer i have had to buy people for getting me out. Going to be kinda hard to find a riding partner if this thing ever runs. At this point i think i should just take the hit and scrape it cause its only going to cost more money.
As Far As sueing the Dealer its not out of the question, depends on what they do as we continue through the process.
If the dealer who represents polaris wants to use aftermarket parts because its the only thing they think might work. Then answer this question. Why would a polaris mechanic not want to use a polaris part? Yes we all know the answer: no faith
But if you took your truck to ford, you can bet the guys are useing ford parts. Look my sled is all stock because i didnt have time to do anything after warrenty was up. During the last ride sled crossed over and blew up.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Please don't take this the wrong way... I'm just trying to get more facts here.

I've never heard of a mileage restricted warranty from Polaris on sleds either.

Polaris warranty is based on Calendar time only to the best of my knowledge.

Just trying to clarify...
"Bought new in fall 2010. and died about christmas this year"
Are you saying that the sled was purchased as a new, unregistered, zero hour unit, sometime between Sept and Nov 2010 and first "died" about 4 months ago?

If the unit was originally purchased only 9 months ago (or less)...with no previous owners... the warranty would still be in force.

Can you post up a photo of your warranty that shows the mileage restriction?
Was that warranty written by the dealer or the factory?

Was the unit registered prior to your ownership?

Who is the dealer?

What is your case number?

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

"Bought new in fall 2010. and died about christmas this year"
Are you saying that the sled was purchased as a new, unregistered, zero hour unit, sometime between Sept and Nov 2010 and first "died" about 4 months ago?

If the unit was originally purchased only 9 months ago (or less)...with no previous owners... the warranty would still be in force.

Who is the dealer?

You beat me to it. Who was the warranty through? There are alot of aftermarket warranties out there that can be purchased. If it was one of these and not a Polaris factory warranty, then I see why Polaris isn't covering it. I have also never heard of a mileage warranty from any manufacturer.
Was it a "handshake" warranty from the dealer??
Was there any aftermarket parts on the sled as a reason for denial?
Did your dealer state a cause of the multiple failures?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
ok I am confused you say you bought a demo sled in the fall of 2010 and you put 1045 miles by jan 22 2011 but then you say that it only has one season on it because when it started snowing this year you didnt have a sled what was the actual day of purchase how many miles were on the machine when you purchased it, did you mean you bought it in the fall of 2009, and why did you pay for the first burn down and not expect to pay for the second, and why did you pay 13000 for a 8000 dollar sled things just dont make sense to me

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
This is just me on the outside looking in, but.........I personally don't see what the warranty has to do with anything. Most people no longer have a warranty anyway.

I just think we are way beyond all the lies and BS. Polaris knows there is a problem. The dealers know there is a problem. Which is why they want to use after market parts. There is no more side stepping around the issue. If there wasn't a problem they wouldn't have redesigned the motor for 2011.

The issue is known faulty parts. It is the absolute definition of insanity that you take known faulty parts and replace them with other known faulty parts and expect a different outcome.

Judd's situation isn't unusual. Heck there are dozens of people just on this forum fighting these issues. Even with the warranty in effect it never fixed the problem. So here is Judd with a sled that doesn't run. He can't really sell it as they are pretty much worthless even if they do run. Many of us are just financially strapped to these things. Or we just ditch it and give up the sport for awhile. I have sympathy for everyone going through motor and warranty issues on these things. Again, maybe I see things in too much black and white, but Polaris has not done the right thing here.

Last edited:

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Polaris 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty:
The 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty is backed by Polaris. The 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty is limited to two calendar years
from date of warranty registration or 3,000 miles whichever comes first and is subject to a $50.00 deductible per visit.
Tampering with the odometer shall void the warranty
Note: It is the dealer’s responsibility to communicate these limitations to the consumer.

Just an FYI for everyone there is a milage limit and it has always been up to us dealers to convey it to the customer. If you can get me you Vin i can run a full report on your sled and email you a copy of it so you know who called on your sled and when.

Michelle

Copy and pasted out of my dealer manual.......
541-523-3500

Last edited:

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com

Who is the dealer?

I was denied Warranty coverage in August of 2006 for a 2006 RMK purchased in Dec of 2005 for "too many hours of service" My machine had 112 hours on the clock and 1800 miles, Polaris denied my warranty claim on the primary clutch sticking when cold. This was a known issue on MY2006 600's, and they still dodged on it.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Polaris 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty:
The 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty is backed by Polaris. The 2nd Year Powertrain Warranty is limited to two calendar years
from date of warranty registration or 3,000 miles whichever comes first and is subject to a $50.00 deductible per visit.
Tampering with the odometer shall void the warranty
Note: It is the dealer’s responsibility to communicate these limitations to the consumer.

Michelle
541-523-3500

However, not every 2009 sled came with the 2nd year powertrain warranty correct? I know mine was 1 year only.

G

GREICO1

Apr 12, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Here's the skinny kids. Customer service is NOT at Polaris. It is a company contracted to skim the BS before it goes internal. Ask for your case to be escalated and make sure you ask to actually speak to someone at Polaris. Your dealer has access to the case, so make sure you get a case number, and the name of the person you speak to. The Dealer is the one who should go to bat for you on this. If it happened before, Polaris needs to know and having dealt with them numerous times, they are fair. It sounds to me like your dealer sold you an auction unit and extended and aftermarket service contract. I have never had anyone tell me the warranty had a mileage limit-EVER! Also, all manufacturers will find any way to get out of covering failures. Unfortunately for most of us, any mod, or non-standard part can trigger this response. Pipes, fuel controllers, airbox mods etc. all can void a warranty, and your dealer is actually responsible for telling the mfg that it has been done. Too many fraudulent warranties and dis-honest dealers have brought this upon us.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Customer had the option to either take a two year or get an extra 100 dollars off the sled. This is why I need his Vin to see if it's through Polaris's extended or through another company. I am in no way defending Polaris! The sue the dealer comment above is BS! It isn't our fault it's Polaris's period!!! I am so sick of D800's and their crappy motors I could puke! I won't even call Polaris tech anymore I have my boss do it! It's excuse after excuse after excuse! This SHOULD fix it THAT'S the problem....
WTF Polaris doesn't even know! Broken motor mounts cracked cylinder skirts the list goes on. You have my sympathy Judd I am so sorry you are having to go through this AGAIN! If I can help in anyway let me know no promises but I can only try...

Shell

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Here's the skinny kids. Customer service is NOT at Polaris. It is a company contracted to skim the BS before it goes internal. Ask for your case to be escalated and make sure you ask to actually speak to someone at Polaris. Your dealer has access to the case, so make sure you get a case number, and the name of the person you speak to. The Dealer is the one who should go to bat for you on this. If it happened before, Polaris needs to know and having dealt with them numerous times, they are fair. It sounds to me like your dealer sold you an auction unit and extended and aftermarket service contract. I have never had anyone tell me the warranty had a mileage limit-EVER! Also, all manufacturers will find any way to get out of covering failures. Unfortunately for most of us, any mod, or non-standard part can trigger this response. Pipes, fuel controllers, airbox mods etc. all can void a warranty, and your dealer is actually responsible for telling the mfg that it has been done. Too many fraudulent warranties and dis-honest dealers have brought this upon us.

There IS a milage limit and there always has been one with their power train warranty.....sorry to break this to ya but it's a fact!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Thanks Michelle that is a great offer.

Post up your VIN Number or send it to her or Greg...

It would be good to find out who is carrying the warranty.

Questions from above...

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
There IS a milage limit and there always has been one with their power train warranty.....sorry to break this to ya but it's a fact!
hmm, not saying no, but in the past(I used to average 5000 miles a season), never had an issue on milage....just read thru my 2011 pro warranty papers, not one word of milage limits..just 48 month coverage limit....And I have never had polaristar not warranty a customers sled for milage....

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
It sounds to me like your dealer sold you an auction unit and extended and aftermarket service contract.

that could be.ive seen new ebay sleds with no warranty.then maybe dealer added the 1000 mile thing?
anyway i think dealer flaked a little by saying ,,,you call polaris.knowing that wouldnt do jack.

Last edited:

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
hmm, not saying no, but in the past(I used to average 5000 miles a season), never had an issue on milage....just read thru my 2011 pro warranty papers, not one word of milage limits..just 48 month coverage limit....And I have never had polaristar not warranty a customers sled for milage....

Not arguing with you the 4 year is and WAS advertised as a 4 year bumper to bumper unlimited miles......But if it is the LIMITED Powertrain warranty given as a promotional item mid season and not a pre season it has milage restrictions. That's how it works and it Sucks....

FYI as of January 1st GE and Polaris parted ways we have a new company to fight with. Existing warranties through GE are still good. Snow checks for this year will be through this new company I will post up the name when I get into work.

Shell

Premium Features