• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

setup help

906 Bob

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
The 906 of MI
www.myspace.com
I built a sled for a kid that lives down the street from me on the cheap (really cheap), and I am looking for a setup. I started with a 97 XC chassis put a 121x15x2 with seven tooth drivers on it. I put the engine and primary clutch from his 94 XLT in it and switched the chain and gears to hyvo set so I have more options laying around for set up. The secondary is stock and from the 97 XC I decided on that because if the belt tension adjustment. I know I can't have the best of everything but I am trying to get his sled at least competitive when he is lake racing his buddies but still keep the torque to get his track speed up fast when he is out riding with My friends and I off trail.

R
Nov 28, 2009
i think i would put at least a 136 on it and i think it would be better it go low on gears the lake racing set up will mes you up in the hills i got a xlt and the top speed is only 60 mph but it has a lot of get up and go.

906 Bob

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
The 906 of MI
www.myspace.com
The 121x2 is what I had laying around anyways there is no reason that the sled shouldn't be a 90mph machine I can't see it losing 30mph or more from a deep lug track and drivers

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
I think what he is saying is if he wants to lake race and climb in the hills you have to have one or the other cant have both . Probably the reason for the 60 mph speed isn't the track it's the gearing he has.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
I understand your position however that 7 tooth driver is throwing off your final drive ratio and killing your top end. That XC came stock with 9 tooth drivers. That being said, if you want to keep those drivers, then you'll need to get to a gear ratio(in the chain case) of around 1.3 to see 90mph out of that sled. And of course that track is fighting the small radius of the 7tooth drivers as well. Good luck with your project. JMHO :beer;

Premium Features