• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elevation at Elkford

C
Dec 4, 2008
Hi just wonderin what the riding elevation is at elkford. We rode there last year but can't remember what the elevation is. were headin out on saturday. Thanks

M
Dec 11, 2008
Elkford townsite is at 4295 ft. Not sure about inland. 8 of us are also coming to Elkford on Saturday and were going to ride into Koko claims/smith basin.

Maybe we will see you there. It won't be hard to miss us, just look for 8 summits!!!

J
Mar 7, 2008
Elkford townsite is at 4295 ft. Not sure about inland. 8 of us are also coming to Elkford on Saturday and were going to ride into Koko claims/smith basin.

Maybe we will see you there. It won't be hard to miss us, just look for 8 summits!!!

riding on rocks and stumps

koko/smith

The staging area is 1400M acording to the alt meter on my summit, I went up to monroe lake today from Koko and then south on the bullriver FSR. started getting rocky on the road down south when we got down to @1600M elev. is when the rocks start, on the way down it started snowing there should be atleast another 3 inches up there over our tracks, not much but it helps. there is no trails cut upto smiths or the gorge either... maybe I'll meet you guys at the staging area, what time you gunna show up?
Steve

M
Dec 11, 2008
should be there between 10:00am and 11:00am. We are leaving Medicine Hat at 5:00am and it should take 4.5 hrs, however its snowing pretty hard here so it will take a little longer.

Heater15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Brandon MB
Elkford

who cares what the elevation is, theres supposedly no snow worth talking about. That sucks because I'm leaving for there on boxing day. Better ****ing snow soon!

Round prarie/koko/smith

hey, you guys must have went to a different KoKo then i went too... :p
i went out at about 10:15 and waited till about 10:50 at the staging area. then it was just too cold to sit in the lot, went out riding. I Made a trail into smiths up untill the steep gorge/treed creekbed area. then I gave up. went up top and played around in the pow. Mirror was pretty much played out, so I ripped around there a bit and also in the small fields on the way up. met some other locals out there, and any sled without heated carbs was bearly running. it was -26C up top so kinda cold. the other guys didn't was to drop down onto the bull river fsr so just kinda puttered around till 3:30 and headed home. all in all good day.. there's a good base now in most medows up there so now we need another 5ft of pow or so, then there will be some good playing areas...

M
Dec 13, 2008
Kamloops bc
hey, you guys must have went to a different KoKo then i went too... :p
i went out at about 10:15 and waited till about 10:50 at the staging area. then it was just too cold to sit in the lot, went out riding. I Made a trail into smiths up untill the steep gorge/treed creekbed area. then I gave up. went up top and played around in the pow. Mirror was pretty much played out, so I ripped around there a bit and also in the small fields on the way up. met some other locals out there, and any sled without heated carbs was bearly running. it was -26C up top so kinda cold. the other guys didn't was to drop down onto the bull river fsr so just kinda puttered around till 3:30 and headed home. all in all good day.. there's a good base now in most medows up there so now we need another 5ft of pow or so, then there will be some good playing areas...

hahah that was me up there lol small world. i was one of the ones whos sled was runnig bad.

Premium Features