• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skidoo summit for winter

J
Jun 12, 2018
Hello! so winter is coming as yall might know and feel. And for the summer ive wanted snowmobile so bad as i drove a 600r summit g4 last winter and completly fell in love. So i was browsing the g4 summits and the cheapest i could find were around 11-12k (Finland) and as a college student im quite low on money (Already collected around 3k). At the moment our family owns a Lynx adventure GT 600 and its not fun anymore, its for trail use only, and i was wondering, How do i explain my dad on getting a 12k Costing snowmobile for a 16 year old boy. We have around 7 cars so should i tell him to tell some of the cars (He never uses them) to get some money for the sled? I would be willing to pay part of it. and im in real need of a new sled as i want to start competing in some Hill climb races and stuff in the Mayhem Events we hold in finland, lapland. Thanks for taking your time to read this and thanks in advance.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
My dad never bought any toys for me growing up, he did loan me up to half the money so I could buy something before I had enough saved up. So maybe that is something he would be willing to do.

In my opinion you shouldn’t be expecting him to buy it for you, if you can’t afford it or at least have half saved you should wait. There’s plenty of older sleds out there for $3000 that’ll take you where you need to go and give you just as much fun as a newer sled. It’s way more rewarding riding an older sled as hard as you can, than having a new sled given to you that allows you to go anywhere.

Im 25, got my first new sled in 2014. I financed it, but wish I would have waited till I had enough saved up to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Keep the focus on your education, so that you can get a good job in the future to support the expensive hobby of snowmobiling. With that, I think you have a great start on saving enough to buy your own sled. I'd look for clean older models. The XP and XM chassis with a 600cc motor would be a great start and likely within your budget. Good luck!

Premium Features