• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

team secondary

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Glennrmk
Emailed team and they should be finished with there calibrations in a 2 weeks

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I thinkn its the primary stuff they are fiddling with now. Im going to order a tied. By the looks of it my sledding will be limited and i dont want to ruin even one trip.

TwistedM1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2008
Battle Mountain Nevada
Phone Number

I can't seem to find a phone number to team any on have one. Heading to Cooke City this weekend would like to get one and try it. I found it. Thanks any ways

Last edited:

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
I can't seem to find a phone number to team any on have one. Heading to Cooke City this weekend would like to get one and try it.

got them on speed dial!

218-844-three two 8 three extension #1 for Jason or #6 for glen

pretty sure Jason is not around the phone ask for glen

Last edited:

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
I put 50 miles of basically trail riding due to crappy snow conditions on the Team Tied on my 2012 M8 162". I was using the 71-57.46/55.46 helix and the red black spring and riding at 8000-9000 ft. elevation.

The bad new first - the clutch chatter was not diminished using the Team Tied. In fact I would say that I had more clutch chatter than I have ever had, but maybe that's just because I'm looking for it now... Also, the clutches did not run cooler. I have not had problems blowing belts, but the clutches have got pretty hot when working the sled. This did not change with the Team Tied.

The good news is that the sled is more responsive with the Team Tied. Back shift is great and it pull hard everywhere. The reverse clunk is also gone.

Due to the snow conditions I can't tell you much about tuning other than with the Team Tied you will probably lose 150-200 RPM if you run the same spring and weights you are now in the primary. I was running 68 grm weights and was pulling 50 RPM less than I was the last ride running 70 grm weights using the stock secondary.

I think the 71-57.46/55.46 is plenty of helix at high elevation. I ran it on both tracks and couldn't tell much difference but right now I think the 55 track will probably work best in deep snow (if we ever get any).

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I put 50 miles of basically trail riding due to crappy snow conditions on the Team Tied on my 2012 M8 162". I was using the 71-57.46/55.46 helix and the red black spring and riding at 8000-9000 ft. elevation.

The bad new first - the clutch chatter was not diminished using the Team Tied. In fact I would say that I had more clutch chatter than I have ever had, but maybe that's just because I'm looking for it now... Also, the clutches did not run cooler. I have not had problems blowing belts, but the clutches have got pretty hot when working the sled. This did not change with the Team Tied.

The good news is that the sled is more responsive with the Team Tied. Back shift is great and it pull hard everywhere. The reverse clunk is also gone.

Due to the snow conditions I can't tell you much about tuning other than with the Team Tied you will probably lose 150-200 RPM if you run the same spring and weights you are now in the primary. I was running 68 grm weights and was pulling 50 RPM less than I was the last ride running 70 grm weights using the stock secondary.

I think the 71-57.46/55.46 is plenty of helix at high elevation. I ran it on both tracks and couldn't tell much difference but right now I think the 55 track will probably work best in deep snow (if we ever get any).

well thats not the news i was hoping for:face-icon-small-fro

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Hmm, maybe it was never clutch chatter or belt chatter?

Maybe it is a loose heavy toothed thing in the chain case?? Or something else?

Now with a floating set-up, is it possible the heat isn't caused by alignment issues? Maybe it's just calibration?

I'm wondering about an alignment issue. I know my stock secondary was in alignment, and I just installed the Team secondary without checking it assuming they would be the same. I need to check that.

Could be calibration. I tried three different springs in the primary - stock, cat yellow/green and cutler gold/white. I like the cat yellow/green the best and interestingly peak RPM varied very little even though the finish rates on the springs varied quite a bit. I didn't like the Cutler gold/white with this setup and the primary got much hotter than the secondary with this spring.

Also, prior to installing the Team clutch I checked the retainer nut in the chain case. It wasn't loose, but wasn't that tight either so I tightened it up to the current spec just before this ride.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I'm wondering about an alignment issue. I know my stock secondary was in alignment, and I just installed the Team secondary without checking it assuming they would be the same. I need to check that.

Could be calibration. I tried three different springs in the primary - stock, cat yellow/green and cutler gold/white. I like the cat yellow/green the best and interestingly peak RPM varied very little even though the finish rates on the springs varied quite a bit. I didn't like the Cutler gold/white with this setup and the primary got much hotter than the secondary with this spring.

Also, prior to installing the Team clutch I checked the retainer nut in the chain case. It wasn't loose, but wasn't that tight either so I tightened it up to the current spec just before this ride.

I tried all 3 of those springs as well and also like the yellow/green the best. Seemed to be the most consistent on RPM.

Cutler Gold/white was flat out awful. Just killed your track speed in the powder.

I think I'm still going to give it a try. My secondary runs way hotter then my primary and I really want to try a different driven.

Premium Features