• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cat

F
Feb 6, 2010
:wave:I am sure their weights will be comparable or less than the Pro. Did any of you take a look at the brochure showing the chassis. It will be lighter. You guys needs to relax a bit and wait and see. Half you guys soiund like a bunch of women wining.

D

dun2rider

Nov 23, 2009
Northern Utah
:wave:I am sure their weights will be comparable or less than the Pro. Did any of you take a look at the brochure showing the chassis. It will be lighter. You guys needs to relax a bit and wait and see. Half you guys soiund like a bunch of women wining.

I'm sure they will be lighter weight, but I'm so confused...I thought March 8th was the official launch??? So when will we know all of this other information we want? ie weights, prices etc..

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
KUDOS for AC for surprising us all this year and having the balls to do it!

Takes big balls to come out with a new chassis every 7 years??

On another note.... With emissions... it won't be long before all manufacturers will be going 4 stroke.

2 strokes will be around a long time.
Maybe it should be Kudos to Doo for Etec?

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
I'm a dealer at the Nashville 2012 Arctic Cat launch. I can't make a personal recommendation until after I ride them in 10 days.

However, I do think Cat did their homework on the chassis and we'll get 1) more rigidity in the chassis with the pyramid frame gizmo they stuck to their new 2-piece tapered tunnel. And 2) the suspension might be a huge upgrade...the wild looking foot long spindle has to work well to make the added weight worth it!

The 2012 M8 ProMountain (nice name) is supposed to be the same weight as the 2011 but they want it to be lighter when they go to production.

The 2012 M1100 Turbo 162 is supposed to be 80 lbs heavier than a 2011 M1000 which my math puts it at about 575 lbs dry.

So, I'll let you know after I ride them. My money is on the 2012 M8 153.

www.snowcheckdirect.com www.rexburgmotorsports.com

Check it out girls....

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
im bummed out cause of the wide open a arms and huge spindles, there gonna be targets for every tree, ive always been a believer in cats front end and toughness, but now im not sold on this. Snotrax did a shootout on tv on the three 800s, the cat was dead last, mostly due to old technology in the fuel and oil management systems.. Im thinkin my next sled is gonna be a pro, I jumped ship back in 99 to pol rmk 700 after cat released that pos 600 in 98, now it appears im at those cross roads again.. i had 5000 miles on that rmk without a clutch rebuild, and engine rebuild..

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I think that any changes in the direction of improvement in sled technology will help our sport. Flaming companies for changing things is downright stupid before you have had any seat time on the equipment or seen them run. I have ridden the new ProRMK, I had an M series for a few years and now ride an XP. I will be looking forward to riding the new Cats before I decide to judge them or say I will or won't buy one.

Many of these same negative comments people are making they made about the ProRMK when it was revealed, the M series, the XP etc. Look at where things have come from? Would you rather be riding an older sled than the newer ones? Not me.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
excuse me for missing a "zero" got some post nazi's here! :loco:

Just talked to the dealer that i buy my sled from and he is pretty confident you should be able to snow check a base model 162" for $11,200-11,300! So if thats the case then ive got mine on order!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Dear People buying Polaris.
Please save up $1000 to buy new running boards.
Please save another $1500 for top ends on your overworked motors.
Please Dont be mad when you go to dig yourself out and your bumper breaks into 2 pieces.

Dear people who are whining without riding one of these new cats.
Cat use Pro long before polaris.
And you will like this sled.
Cant wait for mine :)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Please save up $1000 to buy new running boards.
Please save another $1500 for top ends on your overworked motors.
Please Dont be mad when you go to dig yourself out and your bumper breaks into 2 pieces.

Dear people who are whining without riding one of these new cats.

You sound like you are sponsored by AC.

By the way...over 1,000 miles and none of those issues have plagued me. I haven't heard of those issues from anyone else either. I hope nobody does and I hope that the new AC works well for their owners.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
With so much talk about the spindles a-arms and such lets take a minute and talk about the important things on the 2012--like has Cat finally made a mud flap that wont get sucked in and ripped off the first ride.

Cant wait to take on for a rip.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Poo guys you are just bitter that your brand new 140hp Pro is not so cool anymore and its value just plummeted by thousands of dollars with the release of these trick new cats! The New Cat chassis has stolen the show and you are crying sorry but go back to your Poo forum!

Kudos to cat for the new chassis with a rock solid suzuki 800 engine. And for jumping into the 4 stroke mountain segment with a factory turbo to boot! this thing will easily be over 200 hp with minor changes!

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Too bad they didn't think to offer a model with a 35" ski stance. The body is narrow enough. Could have called it PRO-TREE.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Doesn't really matter who came up with or used "pro" first, it just seems a little tacky calling your sled "pro" climb when its current competition goes by "pro" with similar advertise advantanges like triangle light weight sub frame. Next year with direct injection it will be the "pro" "tech" climb.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
You sound like you are sponsored by AC.

By the way...over 1,000 miles and none of those issues have plagued me. I haven't heard of those issues from anyone else either. I hope nobody does and I hope that the new AC works well for their owners.

maybe sponshured ;)

glad you are having luck with the pro rmk! 3 of my riding buddies have had piston failures, broken running boards, and broken bumpers. and i know of 4 more people with broken running boards and downed motors...

I think Phil from 208 lost his motor at 1400 miles... keep an eye on it!!! :scared:

A

akinneberg

Apr 6, 2009
Fargo, ND
Doesn't really matter who came up with or used "pro" first, it just seems a little tacky calling your sled "pro" climb when its current competition goes by "pro" with similar advertise advantanges like triangle light weight sub frame. Next year with direct injection it will be the "pro" "tech" climb.

So, when Polaris started using "pro" this year, was that tacky also, since the M series had a "sno-pro" version for the past 7 years?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The name stealing thing is an old discussion.

It was a big deal with CMX (Crazy Mountain Extreme) and GOAT had their sleds.
The GOAT sled was called the "Highmark" and while they were still building sleds Ski Doo came out with the Summit Highmark 151 in 2000.

I'm sure there are many examples in the industry about name "infringement".

goat1.jpg

goat2.jpg

Premium Features