• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track lengths

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
So talked to the dealership im going to be snow checking my new proclimb 800 from and was a lil disheartened to hear the 162" is only available in the sno-pro model :face-icon-small-sad I mean I like the floats but I really dont want that floppy adjustable steering stem! But I cant ride a 153" I need at least a 162" with the hopes of going back to a 174" in the future.

Im just jacked to get this sled its going to be a long summer waiting for this beast!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
most of the slop in the M sleds was not in the adjustable post but in the busings and the steering hoop. If your reall concerenc Im sure there will be aftermarket posts for under 200 out soon.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I'm sure there will also plenty of guys willing to trade thier solid post for your 'sloppy' one.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm sure there will also plenty of guys willing to trade thier solid post for your 'sloppy' one.

Yup, there's a sucker born every minute!!!

Oh btw, the new post/ bar setup... even more useless than the last one. There is now NOWHERE for it to go if you hit it.

2673-286.jpg

there's zero rise on the bars, so even they can't roll if you take a hit.

Do they actually PAY the engineers that come up with stupid stuff like this?

I really thought they would have fixed the posts on the new chassis.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
I don't think they intend the handlebar clamps to be a safety device... Not a fan of the mountain strap, I rarely use mine for more than getting back up on the sled, this one looks hard and pointy on the chest. Also not a fan of the flat bars but whatever...

They only have three models with the telescoping bars, I am sure many would gladly swap you their t-post/riser for your telescoping.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I think the steering system is different between the std and the snopro not shure you can interchange them

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
From what I understand that the whole steering is different not just the steering post?

Only the snopro 800 and the hcr gets the new post?

What about the Ski's HCR get a deep keel xf gets a trail 6" and the high county and the standard m gets a 6" mtn ski?

Cats website really is not up to the standards we all demand!

KJP

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Or if you leave it I bet someone comes out with a fixed post that replaces the telescoping shaft but keeps the same sweet steering angle. Then you could put a regular riser on that would flop over if you chest land the bars. Would even be relatively easy to make. Still think the flat bar and that grab bar looks weird, not a fan.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Got another one for everbody.

If a guy went with a XF snopro with the 1.5 track on it what would be the longest extension you can put on that 141 skid? They are the same length as a 153 m? could I put a 162 extension on it?

KJP

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Flat bars for real

The saddest part of our Old M's is the cat Mtn bars, why.......no good adjustment can be made, go back to firecats, they had great bars. Sno Pro flat bars can be adjusted correctly, M8 bar......are well an unajustable joke / heavy and black rubber. Really glad that bar supplier was cut from the cat family !! Cat took a lot of crap over their old bad bar.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I dont wanna have to swap anything out im just looking to pull and go my last sled was a mod sled and i just was not a fan so im just looking for a good stock sled! But if i have to settle for the sno pro then the sno pro it is yipppie...i guess i do like the fact of the sno pro being a lil lighter

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So talked to the dealership im going to be snow checking my new proclimb 800 from and was a lil disheartened to hear the 162" is only available in the sno-pro model :face-icon-small-sad I mean I like the floats but I really dont want that floppy adjustable steering stem! But I cant ride a 153" I need at least a 162" with the hopes of going back to a 174" in the future.

Im just jacked to get this sled its going to be a long summer waiting for this beast!

Ditto. I would like a 162 with the coil over Zero Pros.

Premium Features