Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Dyno Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2019 Summit 600 Storage Mode

OK, so I bought this sled (2019 Summit 600, 3" paddle, SHOT) as a holdover and have a question. I put exactly 1 mile on it at my property before it went in the garage. My question is about summer storage and specifically "storage mode". I attempted to use the "storage mode" function but it didn't seem to work? I got it plenty warm, toggled the hi/lo switch while holding the button on the display about 5 different times. Nada.

Perhaps this was because it's technically in "Break-in Mode".......which leads me to another question. The owners manual says that the message in the lower display will say "BREAK-IN" during the break-in period, but I don't recall seeing this.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-10-2019, 11:13 AM
kcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
OK, so I bought this sled (2019 Summit 600, 3" paddle, SHOT) as a holdover and have a question. I put exactly 1 mile on it at my property before it went in the garage. My question is about summer storage and specifically "storage mode". I attempted to use the "storage mode" function but it didn't seem to work? I got it plenty warm, toggled the hi/lo switch while holding the button on the display about 5 different times. Nada.

Perhaps this was because it's technically in "Break-in Mode".......which leads me to another question. The owners manual says that the message in the lower display will say "BREAK-IN" during the break-in period, but I don't recall seeing this.

Thoughts and comments welcome.
I can't speak on the newness part but how patient were you trying to get into storage mode. It takes MULTIPLE flicks of the highbeam lights to get it to engage. Far more than one would think it should, IMO, bc nobody would hit the highbeams that many times in succession in everyday use so one would think it would be programmed to act in a quicker time frame/ number of flicks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 PM
mtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond reputemtncat has a reputation beyond repute

Also have a new 600 that would not let you fog the engine

Old 06-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcj1317 View Post
I can't speak on the newness part but how patient were you trying to get into storage mode. It takes MULTIPLE flicks of the highbeam lights to get it to engage. Far more than one would think it should, IMO, bc nobody would hit the highbeams that many times in succession in everyday use so one would think it would be programmed to act in a quicker time frame/ number of flicks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After the first few tries I became a flick'n fool with the high / low switch. I started feeling bad for the light bulb! I might be the first guy to try and engage the storage mode on a brand new sled?!?!

Old 06-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
Also have a new 600 that would not let you fog the engine

OK, that's reassuring knowing that you had the same result. I'm assuming that once the break-in mode / conditions have been met that the storage mode will start to function. I just may call the dealer on the way home and ask a question or 2.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Basic Member

Spoke to the service department at Frank May Ski-Doo in Utah and they said, "yeah, all the 600's have that condition and there is not an update available at this time. The 800's and 850's enter the storage mode just fine, but not those 600's"

Old 06-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Thanked 1,719 Times in 549 Posts
sdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond repute

I placed 3 of the 4 of our fleet of 19 600 Summits into storage mode with no issues. Someone else placed the 4th one into storage mode and had no problems.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsnocop View Post
I placed 3 of the 4 of our fleet of 19 600 Summits into storage mode with no issues. Someone else placed the 4th one into storage mode and had no problems.
Well, what in the holy heck....not sure what to think then. Perhaps it is a function of engine operating time not being met. I’m sure the rentals had plenty of mileage / out of break-in mode.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Thanked 1,719 Times in 549 Posts
sdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond reputesdsnocop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
Well, what in the holy heck....not sure what to think then. Perhaps it is a function of engine operating time not being met. I’m sure the rentals had plenty of mileage / out of break-in mode.
All 4 had completed break in. They are not rentals but 3 of 4 are used for patrol. The 4th is a supervisors sled. 2 of the sleds have around 500 miles the other 2 have over 2500 miles. I did not receive mine until February but still put around 2500 miles on the sled.